Want to know a little secret? We aren’t huge sandwich eaters at my house. Well that isn’t entirely true. My husband does not like deli meat, so that means, we don’t eat a lot of sandwiches at home. My 8 year old and I love a good sandwich, but only tend to get them if we are out at a restaurant. I am slowly trying to turn my husband. I don’t think I will ever win him over with deli meat, but I will find middle ground between that and peanut butter & jelly.
One thing my husband does like a lot is eggs. So I am starting slow with a wrap here, or breakfast burrito if you really want to trick him. He also likes things a little spicy, so some chorizo as well as jalapeno sandwich spread fit the bill. Mix in some roasted red peppers too, because he likes them. And top it all off with cheese. Now, tell me how could that not be a winning sandwich? Good news, my husband agreed! See, I will win this battle…..someday.
Do you have a great idea for a good sandwich? Well you might be in luck. Mezzetta is having their annual “Make That Sandwich” competition. The winner gets $25,000!!! Don’t worry, you don’t have to compete against this amazing sandwich, I did not enter But, I am giving you the chance to win a package of your very own Mezzetta products, so you can create a winning sandwich! Maybe if you win the grand prize, you will give me a shout out!
- 3 eggs, beaten
- ¼ pound chorizo
- 2 Tbls Jalapeno Sandwich Spread
- 2 Tbls roasted red peppers
- ¼ cup cheddar cheese
- 2 whole grain tortillas
- In a skillet brown the chorizo, breaking apart into small pieces. Remove from pan.
- In the same skillet cook the scrambled eggs over medium heat. Season with salt and pepper as desired. During the last minute of cooking, add the chorizo and mix to combine.
- Wrap tortillas in a damp paper towel and warm them in the microwave for 20 seconds.
- To assemble the wrap lay a tortilla on a plate. Spread 1 Tbls of jalapeno sandwich spread. Top with ½ of the egg and chorizo mixture. Sprinkle over 1 Tbls of red peppers, and ½ of the cheese. Fold over. You can secure with a toothpick if desired.
**I was sent free products from Mezzetta and compensated for this post. All opinions are 100% my own.