Double Chocolate Zucchini Bread – Rich and chocolatey bread that uses all of that summer zucchini. You will never know there are veggies in there!
Post was updated 8/12/16
Zucchini season is almost coming to an end. Before it ends, I have a great bread you need to try! Zucchini bread is kind of a classic staple, but what about double chocolate zucchini bread? Cocoa powder makes the bread chocolate-y, then it is studded with chocolate chips! If your plants are going crazy like mine, then you want to print this recipe now, so you can make it right away!
I have done a lot of zucchini recipes over the years. This year I cut back and only planted one zucchini plant. I think I have picked at least 6 large zucchini so far, and there are 2 more still coming in. We we have done our traditional Zucchini Muffins already, and I made extra for the freezer. I think these Zucchini Corn Fritters are one of my favorite things to make each year though. And if you can use fresh corn with it, even better! But today we are here with Double Chocolate Zucchini Bread!! I made this live on Facebook last week, if you missed it. Come check out how easy it is!
This bread is so easy to throw together. It is rich, dense, and chocolatey. It makes for a great snack, dessert, or send it in the lunch box. My son especially likes it if I warm it up for him, and the chocolate gets all melty. You can not taste any zucchini in there, and you can’t really even pick out any green flecks, so you could easily pass this over with the pickiest of eaters (mine is right up there). If you do have lots of zucchini and aren’t sure what to do with it, it works great to freeze it. Just grate it up, squeeze out the liquid, and store in 1 or 2 cup portions. Then you can have fresh zucchini bread or this double chocolate zucchini bread all winter long!
A rich and dense chocolate zucchini bread.
10 minPrep Time
75 minCook Time
1 hr, 25 Total Time
- 2 cups shredded zucchini (unpeeled), squeeze excess water out
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- 1 2/3 cups flour
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Spray an 9x5 inch loaf pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl whisk together the eggs, honey, oil, brown sugar and vanilla. Add the salt, baking soda, baking powder, cocoa powder, and flour. Whisk until well combined. Using a spatula fold in the zucchini and chocolate chips. Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan. Bake for 60-75 minutes, or until a tester comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven, and allow to cool on a wire rack for at least 15 minutes before removing the bread from the pan. Allow to cool completely before serving.
Adapted [Brown Eye Baker[/url] via [url href="http://traceysculinaryadventures.blogspot.ca/2012/08/double-chocolate-zucchini-bread.html"]Tracey's Culinary Adventures|http://www.browneyedbaker.com/2012/07/17/chocolate-zucchini-bread-recipe/]
Want more Zucchini recipes?
Other Zucchini Recipes You Might Like:
- Glazed Lemon Zucchini Bread from Lil’ Luna
- Zucchini Cheddar Scones from Baker by Nature
- One Pot Cheesy Zucchini Rice from Family Fresh Meals
- Zucchini “Not Apple” Crumble from Shugary Sweets