Turkey Quinoa Muffins Cups
- 1 pound lean ground turkey
- 3/4 cup cooked quinoa (I used red quinoa)
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1 green onion, chopped
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 2 Tbls fresh parsley, chopped
- 3/4 cup marinara sauce
- 3/4 cup Mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Prepare a 12 cup muffin tin with non stick spray, or liners.
- Mix all of the ingredients together in a large bowl.
- Scoop about 1/4 cup of the meat mixture into each muffin cup.
- Using your fingers or the back of a spoon put a small indentation into the top of each muffin cup.
- Put 1 Tbls of marinara sauce into each indentation.
- Bake for 25 minutes.
- Top each muffin cup with 1 Tbls of cheese.
- Return to the oven, and bake until the cheese is melted.
- Serve warm.
- Store leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days.
Recipe by Dinners, Dishes, and Desserts at http://dinnersdishesanddesserts.com/turkey-quinoa-muffins-cups/