Gooey Brownie Pie – a gooey chocolate brownie with a crackly top baked into a pie and topped with hot fudge. A delicious and easy dessert for any chocolate lover.
Brownies are kind of my thing. Peanut Butter Stuffed Brownies. Or just regular fudgy brownies. They are pretty much my favorite dessert. We are up to about 30 brownie recipes here on the blog, so there is no shortage of options.
Valentine’s Day is coming up, so today we are here with a decadent and over the top brownie recipe you can share with your Valentine. And not just regular brownies either. This is a gooey brownie pie, that will make you rethink brownies forever.
I can’t remember where I saw this recipe first, but as soon as I saw the picture, I knew I had to make it. Maybe it was shared on Facebook, I don’t remember. But one thing I know, is Ina Garten knows how to bake. Her Outrageous Brownies are amazing, so I knew this gooey brownie pie would be too.
Her recipe called for a chocolate ganache (melted chocolate chips with heavy cream) drizzled over the top. But I wanted to make it a little extra special. So I made Peanut Butter Hot Fudge Sauce from A Dash of Sanity to spread over the top. You could follow the original recipe, use my special touch, or even just use your favorite hot fudge over the top. Whatever form of extra chocolate you add will be delicious.
The brownie pie puffs up as it bakes, and the tops gets crackly and delicious. But the inside stays gooey, rich, and super chocolatey. I wanted mine to stay all chocolate, but you could mix in walnuts if that is more your thing. I am not a fan of nuts in desserts, so I skipped that part.
So this Valentine’s Day or any day, really. Because chocolate is appropriate every day of the year. Make this gooey brownie pie for your family or your special someone. It comes together so easy, so even you non-bakers can master this and impress the people in your life!
Gooey Brownie Pie - a gooey chocolate brownie with a crackly top baked into a pie and topped with hot fudge. A delicious and easy dessert for any chocolate lover.
10 minPrep Time
40 minCook Time
50 minTotal Time
- 6 Tbls butter
- 3 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips, divided
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a pie plate or 9 inch spring form pan.
- In a heat safe bowl melt together butter and 2 cups of chocolate chips until smooth. You can use a double boiler or microwave at 50% power in 30 second intervals. Let cool.
- In an electric mixer beat eggs, sugar, and vanilla on medium high speed until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes.
- Mix in the cooled chocolate.
- Fold in flour, baking soda and salt until just combined. Mix in remaining 1 cup chocolate chips.
- Pour into prepared pan. Bake for 35-40 minutes until the center is puffed. The top may crack.
- Remove from oven and let cool completely.
- Top with hot fudge to serve