Loaded Chicken Casserole – Loaded baked potatoes turned into a chicken casserole for comfort food any night of the week.
I hope that you had a wonderful long weekend. We spent time with friends, relaxed, went hiking, went for a bike ride, got work done around the house, and of course ate some great food! We smoked some baby back ribs, and they were super tender and amazing. I can not wait for another excuse to make them again. Too bad it is now September and fall is right around the corner. So it will probably be awhile before they happen again.
Have you see Express Lane Cooking yet? It was on QVC and sold out very quickly. My friend Shawn from I Wash…You Dry is the author of this book, and I have to tell you she did a great job! The concept of the book is each recipe has 5 main ingredients. Then she uses those 5 main ingredients in 3 different ways. Brilliant, right? Now you aren’t always stuck eating the same thing, because you have chicken, bacon, and broccoli; you have 3 different dinners you can make! Loaded Chicken Casserole one night, Grilled Chicken with Loaded Smashed Potatoes another night, and Cheesy Potato Crusted Chicken the next. No getting bored!
I had a really hard time deciding what to make first. My 10 year old paged through the book more times than I could count, making requests. Whenever I would ask him what we should plan for dinner, he would pick up Express Lane Cooking and ask if we had certain ingredients in the house. Finally, we decided Loaded Chicken Casserole was the winner. It is a take on loaded baked potatoes, turned into a chicken casserole. Great comfort food! Tortilla soup is up next, just waiting for it to cool down a little.
Want to win your own copy of Express Lane Cooking? Enter in the widget below the recipe. One winner will be sent a their own copy, and they can get cooking too!
Loaded Chicken Casserole - Loaded baked potatoes turned into a chicken casserole for comfort food any night of the week.
5 minPrep Time
60 minCook Time
1 hr, 5 Total Time
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, but into 1 inch pieces
- 6 to 8 red potatoes, cut into 1/2 inch pieces (about 3 cups)
- 2 cups broccoli florets (I left these out)
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 Tbls paprika
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- 6 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- Preheat ove to 400 degrees. Spra 9*13 inch baking dish with non-stick spray. Set aside.
- Toss potatoes with 3 Tbls olive oil, 1 tsp salt, 1/2 Tbls of paprika, and 1 tsp garlic powder. Add to casserole dish, and bake for 30 minutes.
- Toss the chicken with the remaining oil and seasoning. After 20 minutes remove potatoes from the oven and stir in chicken. Return to the oven for another 25-30 minutes or until chicken is cooked and and the potatoes are slightly browned.
- Sprinkle evenly with cheese and bacon. Bake for 5 more minutes until the cheese is melted.
- Remove and serve with sour cream and green onions if desired.
Slightly adapted from Express Lane Cooking
Express Lane Cooking