If you know me, you know I am not a fan of coffee. So when International Delight contacted me about their new Iced Coffee’s, I almost responded immediately with “sorry, but no.” But then I got to thinking about you, my dear readers. I know most of you love coffee. I am the strange one :) Plus I knew my Mother-in-Law would be visiting, and she loves her coffee.
Obviously I am biased, being that I don’t drink the stuff. But I don’t understand the draw of spending $4 at a coffee house at least once a day for something you could make at home. I realize I am cheap, but how can it be worth that much money. I get the convenience, but making specialty drinks at home can’t be that difficult. International Delight has introduced the first-ever iced coffee drink that’s made with coffee house quality 100% Arabica coffee, real milk and cream and served in a half-gallon container. They come in Mocha, Vanilla, or Original, for less than the price of one drink at your local coffee house. All you have to do is pour over ice, and you are done!
I sent my MIL to the store and she came back with the Mocha variety. I even tried some! It was actually pretty good (coming from someone who doesn’t like coffee). It was chocolatey, with a hint of coffee in the background. We did find that if you heat it and add it to your black coffee you have one delicious Mocha Coffee :) Keep that in mind when you have just a little left in the carton.
I decided to make muffins with some of the Iced Coffee. That should not surprise any of you. But really, coffee is a morning drink, so what better with your morning coffee than a delicious muffin. These muffins went over well with everyone. Even my 7 year old loved them. I still have a few left in the freezer, and he just was for them for breakfast this morning.
Oh yeah, I mentioned a Giveaway didn’t I? International Delight has sent me 2 (two) extra coupons for FREE International Delight Iced Coffee to giveaway to 2 (two) lucky readers!
Want to enter? Let me know your favorite way to enjoy coffee?
Want more entries? (leave a separate comment for each of the following for it to count)
1. Follow Dinners, Dishes, and Desserts on Pinterest
2. Follow International Delight on Pinterest
3. Follow Dinners, Dishes, and Desserts on Twitter
This is open to U.S. residents only. The giveaway will close Sunday August 5th. I will announce the winners on Monday August 6th. The winners will be drawn using random.org. Please make sure to leave your email address, so I can contact you if you win.
- 2 eggs
- ¼ cup canola oil
- ¼ cup nonfat yogurt
- ¾ cup International Delight Iced Coffee (Mocha)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1¾ cup flour
- ¼ cup cocoa powder
- ½ tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Prepare a 12 cup muffin tin with liner or non-stick spray.
- In a large bowl combine the eggs, canola oil, yogurt, iced coffee, and vanilla. Stir until well combined. In a separate bowl whisk together flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Stir in white chocolate chips. Add the dry ingredients and gently fold together until just combined. Be careful not to over mix.
- Divide the batter into 12 muffins cups, fill about ¾ of the way. Bake for 15-18 minutes, until a tester comes out clean. Cool for a few minutes in the pan before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.