Getting back to reality, even after just a long weekend is a lot of work! I still have piles of laundry to tackle, and grocery shopping to do. Hopefully they can get done today, and we will be back to normal! In the meantime, I think will have to snack on a few cookies to give me some energy.
Awhile ago on Facebook I mentioned that I finished off a large jar of Nutella in a week. The Nutella Mousse Cups were the first recipe, this is the second. These are pretty much the easiest cookies you will ever make. There are 3 ingredients, and you don’t even need a mixer. Plus the recipe makes about 2 doz cookies, which to me is perfect. I am not stuck with tons of cookies, that I will inevitably eat way too many of. I may have will power issues, especially around chocolate. It is some what of a work in progress.
Nutella has lots of sugar in it, so I didn’t even add any additional sugar to these cookies. Just Nutella, an egg, and flour. So can they be considered a healthy dessert? No added sugar or butter, I might just go with that. They are thick, chewy, dense, and scream Nutella flavor. If you like Nutella at all, you have to get in the kitchen and try these. You will not be disappointed!
10 minPrep Time
10 minCook Time
20 minTotal Time
- 1 cup Nutella
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup + 1Tbls all-purpose flour
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Prepare a baking sheet with a silpat liner or parchment paper.
- Mix everything together in a large bowl. It will be a little crumbly.
- Roll into 1 inch size balls.
- Place on baking sheet, and bake for 8 to 10 minutes.
- As soon as you remove them from the oven use a fork to gently press down and make cross marks.
- Cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes, before removing to a wire rack to cool completely
Adapted from Kirbie's Cravings