Oatmeal Fudge Bars – oatmeal cookie bars topped with a layer of rich chocolate fudge and then more oatmeal cookie.
Recently I shared with you a recipe for Fudge Nut Bars. It was the bars that my grandma made all the time growing up. As much as I loved those bars, nuts in dessert is not my favorite thing. I will snack on desserts, chop them up and put them on Asian Noodle Bowls. But actually pairing them with sweet stuff is not my favorite.
I am one of those strange people who doesn’t like the sweet and salty combination. So something like a Snickers bar isn’t my favorite. The nuts in there aren’t salty enough to really turn me off, but I would rather have more sweet with my sweets. You hear people say a dessert is too sweet? That will NEVER be me!
When I make my fudge recipe, I always leave the nuts off. But if my mom is visiting, I always mix in some nuts in a portion of it, just for her. I might have to do the same with these oatmeal fudge bars. My family can have the no nuts side, and she can have a row all to herself with plenty of nuts.
The only change I made from my grandma’s recipe is to leave out the nuts. So if nuts are your thing, check out the fudge nut bars. If you like fudgy chocolate, you re in the right place.
These bars come together very quickly. You just mix the oatmeal cookie base, microwave some chocolate, and layer it together. Then it bakes up to be golden, fudgy, and delicious. You do need to wait for them to cool to slice, that that has to be the worst part. The chocolate just smells so good!
So next time you need to make dessert, so tomorrow, make these Oatmeal Fudge Bars. They will disappear in no time, and everyone will love them!
Want more dessert recipes?
Peanut Butter Stuffed Brownies
Caramel Layer Bars
Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Bars
Oatmeal S’mores Bars by Inside BruCrew Life
Copycat Starbucks Michigan Cherry Oat Bars by A Dash of Sanity
Oatmeal Fudge Bars - oatmeal cookie bars topped with a layer of rich chocolate fudge and then more oatmeal cookie.
10 minPrep Time
25 minCook Time
35 minTotal Time
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups brown sugar
- 2 whole eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 cups old fashion oats
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 (12 oz) package semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 (14 oz) can sweetened condensed milk
- 2 Tbls butter
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease or line a 13x9 inch baking dish with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In an electric stand mixer, beat butter and brown sugar together until light and fluffy. Mix in eggs and vanilla. Stir in oats, flour, baking soda, and salt until well combined.
- Press 2/3rds of mixture into the bottom of the prepared baking dish.
- In a microwave safe bowl melt together chocolate chips, sweetened condensed milk, butter and salt. Heat for 1 minute, stir until smooth. Heat at 15 second intervals if it needs more.
- Mix in vanilla. Stir until well combined. Pour over base mixture, spread evenly.
- Crumble remaining base mixture over the fudge layer.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes until set and starting to turn golden brown.
- Remove from oven and let cool completely before serving.