Did you enter for your chance to win a $1000 from Visa. With my blog being down most of yesterday, I wanted to make sure you check it out. Who can’t use $1000, wish I could win!
Peach season is pretty much on its way out. We still have stands all over the place here in Colorado, but I think they will be gone soon. So I had to share this recipe with your right away. You could easily use frozen peaches, but we all know that fresh always adds a little extra something.
These muffins are soft, tender, full of cinnamon, and just perfect. My son who isn’t a big fan of peaches didn’t even want to try one. I told him I knew he would like it, so he had to at least give it a chance. He loved it. He even asked for them the next morning for breakfast.
Crumb toppings are always the best part of muffins, so of course this has one. Really, there needs to be a dessert that is more crumb topping and less of all the other stuff. Somehow I am not sure how that would work out. But a girl can dream, right?
- 1 ½ cups flour
- ⅔ cup sugar
- 1 ½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ½ cup butter, melted and slightly cooled
- 1 egg
- 1 egg yolk
- ⅓ cup milk
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1 ½ cup peaches, peeled and diced (fresh or frozen)
- Crumb Topping
- 3 Tbls butter, cut into small pieces
- ½ cup flour
- 2 Tbls sugar
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Prepare a 12 cup muffin tin with liners or non-stick spray.
- In a bowl whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and cinnamon. Set aside. In another bowl combine butter, vanilla, egg, egg yolk and milk. Stir to combine. Add the wet ingredients to the dry, and fold together until just combined. Be careful not to over mix. Fold in the peaches.
- In a small bowl combine all of the crumb topping ingredients. Using your fingers mix until it is the texture of coarse sand, it could take a couple minutes.
- Pour the batter into the prepared muffin tin. Sprinkle the crumb topping evenly over the muffins. Bake for 18-20 minutes, until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.