Pepperoni Pizza Grilled Cheese Sandwich – Take your favorite grilled cheese sandwich up a notch and make it taste like pepperoni pizza!
Do your kids help in the kitchen? My son liked to help when he was little, and it was more of a hindrance then help. But we baked and let him “help”. Then he got to the age where he could actually accomplish something, and didn’t want any part of it. Now that he is 11, he is starting to show interest again.
He is a very cautious kid, so getting him to deal with heat and sharp objects is still a little bit of a challenge, but he is trying. One of my son’s favorite lunches is a grilled cheese sandwich. So recently I was asking him what he wanted for lunch, and he got creative. He started going through the pantry and the freezer to see what he could come up with. His idea was a pepperoni pizza grilled cheese sandwich.
His idea was to put pizza sauce, mozzarella cheese and sliced pepperoni inside the sandwich, and then spread butter and toast it up until it got all melty and delicious. My husband was home, and he loved the idea. He added crushed red pepper and banana peppers to his sandwich. I always have HORMEL® Pepperoni in my kitchen, and have for years.
HORMEL® Pepperoni is the #1 selling brand of pepperoni in America. We often have make your own pizza night using my no knead pizza dough, and pepperoni is something we all put on our pizza. Plus I add it to pasta salads, or even add a couple slices to my son’s ham sandwich to take to school. Even when we are trying to eat a little better I stock up on the turkey pepperoni.
I may have been known to eat slices of frozen pepperoni while standing in front of the freezer, but let’s not go there right now. Let’s get back to the more socially accepted way to eat food. Pepperoni Pizza Grilled Cheese. This sandwich is great to have on a weekend for lunch, or to make as a quick and easy dinner on a busy weeknight.
Get the kids involved with dinner and have them help make these sandwiches. Have them lay out an assembly line. Someone can spread the sauce, someone can add the cheese and pepperoni. Then you can grill them. If you have a griddle, you can make a bunch at once, so the whole family can enjoy dinner together, even on busy nights.
Pepperoni Pizza Grilled Cheese Sandwich - Take your favorite grilled cheese sandwich up a notch and make it taste like pepperoni pizza!
10 minCook Time
10 minTotal Time
- 2 slices of bread
- 3 Tbls pizza sauce
- 8-10 slices HORMEL® Pepperoni
- 1/3 cup Mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1-2 Tbls butter
- Lay 2 slices of bread on a plate or cutting board. Spread pizza sauce evenly on both slices of bread. Top 1 slice with half of the cheese and the slices of pepperoni. Top with remaining cheese. Place the other slice of bread on top and gently press down.
- Spread butter on the outside of each slice of bread.
- Place in a skillet over medium heat and cover. Cook for 4-5 minutes until toasted and cheese is starting to melt.
- Flip and cook for 3-4 more minutes, or until toasted and cheese is completely melted.
- Remove from pan and cut in half to serve.
What’s your favorite way to use pepperoni? Tell me in the comments for a chance to win a $100 Visa gift card!
No duplicate comments.
You may receive (2) total entries by selecting from the following entry methods:
1. Leave a comment in response to the sweepstakes prompt on this post
2. Tweet (public message) about this promotion; including exactly the following unique term in your tweet message: “#SweepstakesEntry”; and leave the URL to that tweet in a comment on this post
3. Blog about this promotion, including a disclosure that you are receiving a sweepstakes entry in exchange for writing the blog post, and leave the URL to that post in a comment on this post
4. For those with no Twitter or blog, read the official rules to learn about an alternate form of entry.
This giveaway is open to US Residents age 18 or older (or nineteen (19) years of age or older in Alabama and Nebraska). Winners will be selected via random draw, and will be notified by e-mail. The notification email will come directly from BlogHer via the [email protected] email address. You will have 2 business days to respond; otherwise a new winner will be selected.
The Official Rules are available here.
This sweepstakes runs from 2/7/2017 – 4/30/2017
Be sure to visit the HORMEL® Brand Page on BlogHer.com where you can read other bloggers’ posts!