Pumpkin Cake Rice Krispie Treats – Pumpkin spiced rice krispie treats with a layer of cream cheese frosting.
Do you know In Katrina’s Kitchen? She is amazingly creative, and makes some of the best desserts. If you don’t know her site, you really do need to go check it out. Katrina is under the weather right now, and I am excited to be able to help Katrina out today. I actually was able to meet Katrina in real life last May at a conference. We hit it off immediately. We have so much in common, it is kind of scary. Too bad we live over 1000 miles away from each other!
We are now into October, so the internet is going pumpkin crazy! I had to get on board. So I made Krispie treats that have frosting involved. Everything with frosting involved is way better! These disappeared so quickly around here, they were down right addicting! I hope you will go check out Katrina’s site and get the recipe.
- 1 (10 oz) package marshmallows (about 40)
- 3 Tbls butter
- 6 cups Rice Krispie cereal
- 1/2 cup pumpkin muffin mix
- 2 Tbls butter
- 2 oz cream cheese
- 2 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Prepare a 15x11 inch jelly roll pan with nonstick spray.
- Melt butter in a large microwave safe bowl. Add marshmallows, stirring to coat. Microwave for 1 minute. Remove and stir until smooth. You can heat for an additional 30 seconds if needed. Stir in pumpkin muffin mix. Add cereal, and stir to coat. Press mixture firmly into the jelly roll pan.
- Meanwhile, prepare the frosting. In a bowl mix together butter and cream cheese until well combined. Stir in powdered sugar, and mix until fluffy. Mix in vanilla.
- Cut the Rice Krispie treats down the center of the pan. Smooth frosting over 1/2 of the treats. Fold over the unfrosted half to make a "sandwich". Allow to set up for about an hour before slicing.