Reese’s Peanut Butter Rice Krispie Treats – An easy Rice Krispie treat made with Reese’s peanut butter spread, topped with chocolate and peanut butter cups!
Today was the first real day of school for my son. On Friday the 6th graders got to go for a transition day. What that really meant was a day of fun. They played games, got to know each other, and didn’t really do anything. I didn’t expect them to do anything the first day of school, but I also didn’t realize they would just make just fun for the kids, so they could get used to the building. It made him excited to go back today. Today the whole school is there, so he will be in the building with the 7th and 8th graders and actually transition from class to class. I am sure he will love it just as much, but it will still be mostly a get used to being at school day.
I have a slight obsession with chocolate and peanut butter. It has to be one of the best combinations out there. At least dessert combination. These Biscoff Rice Krispie Treats are one of my favorite desserts, so I decided to make an over the top peanut butter version. I used Reese’s peanut butter chocolate spread that you find near the peanut butter in the grocery store. These chocolate peanut butter cup cookies use the same spread, so pick up 2 jars while you are there. You will thank me that you did. Instead of a full layer of chocolate over the top I decided to just drizzle some melted chocolate and top with lots of peanut butter cups.
Rice Krispie treats come together in about 5 minutes, and the added deliciousness here doesn’t make them any more difficult to make. I added the jar of peanut butter spread with the marshmallows and butter, so it all melted together. Then you stir in the cereal like normal. The only extra step is the topping, but it is so worth it. You can easily melt the chocolate and spread over the entire pan if you want (I would double the chocolate called for you if you do this). I just decided to drizzle over the top, so there wasn’t too much chocolate. I am not sure what I was thinking, because there is no such thing too much chocolate. Either way, I used it as more of a glue to hold the peanut butter cups in place. Doesn’t matter how you do it these Reese’s peanut butter rice krispie treats will disappear fast!
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 (10 oz) bag large marshmallows
- 1 jar Reese's peanut butter chocolate spread
- 7 cups Rice Krispies
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips melted
- 1 1/2 cups chopped peanut butter cups (about a full bag of mini's)
- Line a 13x9 in baking dish with foil, and spray with non-stick spray.
- In a large microwave safe bowl melt butter, marshmallows and peanut butter spread together (heat for 45 seconds at a time, stirring in between).
- Add Rice Krispies, and stir to evenly coat. Press firmly into the prepared pan.
- Drizzle melted chocolate evenly over the top of the Krispie treats. Sprinkle with peanut butter cups, pressing gently to make sure they stick in the chocolate.
- Let the chocolate completely set up, before cutting into squares.
- Store in an air tight container for 3-4 days.
Want even more recipes with Peanut Butter Cups?
Even more recipes you might like:
- The Ultimate Reese’s Cupcakes from The First Year
- Peanut Butter Cup Cookie Bars from The Gunny Sack
- Peanut Butter Cup Gooey Bars from Crazy For Crust
- The Ultimate Peanut Butter Cookies from The Domestic Rebel