I told you yesterday I needed to get in the kitchen and take some pictures of my food. Well, that is just what I did! I went crazy in the kitchen yesterday! One thing I made was these crackers, and they were amazing. Completely addicting. They are crispy and so full of flavor, for just a few ingredients. Crackers have to be one of the easiest things to make, but one of the most impressive. You tell someone you made crackers, and they are floored. But if you actually look at the recipe, you see just how easy they are. I think these took 25 minutes from when I hit print on the recipe, until I was eating them. These were a great afternoon snack for when my 6 year old came home. He is slightly cracker obsessed 🙂
I love making something you can buy in the store at home. It always tastes so much better, and you know what you are eating. These crackers have 6 ingredients (not including water), but if you look at the back of a box, the list of ingredients are endless. Trust me, these are so quick and easy. Set them out with some cheese and you have an appetizer tray no one will be able to resist.
Making your own crackers is way easier than you think! Flavored with rosemary and olive oil.
10 minPrep Time
15 minCook Time
25 minTotal Time
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 3 to 4 tsp dried rosemary
- 2/3 cup warm water
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- garlic powder, for dusting
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Spray 2 cookie sheets with cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a large bowl combine flour, baking powder, salt, and rosemary. In a 2 cup measuring cup, combine water and olive oil. Stir into flour mixture until it forms a smooth ball. Divide dough in half. Using your hands, flatten the dough onto the cookie sheets. You want to get it as thin as possible. Dust with garlic powder. Using a pizza cutter, slice into squares.
- Bake for 12 to 14 minutes. Allow to cool for at least 10 minutes before serving. Store in an air tight container.
Recipe from Diethood