I am so excited to share this new program with Kraft Foods that I am a part of. Kraft has a new product line out called Kraft Fresh Take. You may have seen it in the cheese case at your grocery store. Kraft Fresh Take is a cheese and seasoned breadcrumb mixture, and it is a busy cooks dream. I was given the Spicy Chipotle Cheddar variety for my challenge.
I was challenged to come up with 3 original recipes using Spicy Chipotle Cheddar. The first recipe was to be made in a skillet, incorporate whole wheat, and could double as breakfast/brunch. This french toast is what I came up with, and it is incredible. I made this with my mother-in-law when she was here a couple weeks ago, and we both loved it. It came together in about 15 minutes, and it is highly adaptable to what your family likes. I topped with a fluffly scrambled egg, but if you like a fried egg than go for it!
The cheese and breadcrumb mixture gave a crunch and flavorful crust to the french toast. The chipotle gave it a little kick, which was great with the eggs. If you wanted to do this for a brunch you could set out a buffet, so everyone could pick there own toppings.
Make sure to follow along on Twitter with #KraftFreshTake for other great ideas. Stay tuned because I have 2 more great recipes coming, and a wonderful giveaway in a couple weeks!
- 4 slices thick cut whole grain bread
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup milk
- 1 package Kraft Fresh Take Spicy Chipotle Cheddar
- 4 eggs, cooked as desired
- ⅓ cup salsa
- ¼ cup cheddar cheese
- 2 Tbls sour cream
- green onions, chopped for garnish
- Preheat griddle or large skillet to medium-high heat.
- Beat together the milk and eggs.
- Mix together the Kraft Fresh Take cheese and breadcrumbs. Place it in a shallow bowl or plate for dipping.
- Dip bread in egg mixture. Then press into the cheese mixture.
- Put bread onto a hot griddle, and cook for 4 minutes per side.
- Remove and top with eggs, cheese, salsa, sour cream, and green onion to serve.