Spicy Sausage Rolls – Great for brunch or breakfast for dinner! A creamy, cheesy, spicy mixture with breakfast sausage is rolled with puff pastry and baked into flaky perfection!
What do you do for breakfast on Easter morning? Brunch is a hugely popular thing. My family doesn’t really do much. We might make pancakes or something a little special, but that is about it. It is usually just the 3 of us, and the rest of the family gets together in the afternoon for the main meal. But a lot of people celebrate all day together with food, candy, and more food. Sounds like the perfect day to me, so I am here with a recipe you are going to want to add to the brunch menu.
Spicy Sausage Rolls just might be my new favorite thing. They are creamy, cheesy, and spicy. Then you combine that with the super flaky outside from the puff pastry. It is pure perfection. Sausage rolls are a staple in other countries. We had quite a few of them when we were in New Zealand last year. But this has a little breakfast twist. Jones Dairy Farm breakfast sausage is the base for these spicy sausage roll. I love it because it has a ton of flavors, is all natural, gluten free and only contains 4 ingredients (and I can pronounce and know what all of them are).
So to make these spicy sausage rolls you just cook up the breakfast sausage. Then mix with cream cheese, pepper jack cheese, and a can of green chilies. You can do all of this the night before and then just store in the fridge if you want. The next step is to roll out the puff pastry and make your rolls. Pretty quick and easy, but everyone will be amazed. I made these in the middle of the day, and had to call my husband home work to eat them, because they were so good. He brought the leftovers back to work with him, and said they were gone in minutes. So make them for breakfast, make them for dinner, or just make them for a snack. I don’t care, but you have to try these spicy sausage rolls soon!!
Yields 24 rolls
Spicy Sausage Rolls - Great for brunch or breakfast for dinner! A creamy, cheesy, spicy mixture with breakfast sausage is rolled with puff pastry and baked into flaky perfection!
10 minPrep Time
15 minCook Time
25 minTotal Time
- 1 package puff pastry sheets, thawed
- 1 (12 oz) roll Jones Dairy Farm breakfast sausage
- 1 (8 oz) package cream cheese
- 1 1/2 cup pepper jack cheese, shredded
- 1 (4 oz) can chopped green chilies
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a large skillet brown the sausage until fully cooked. Drain.
- In a large bowl mix together cooked sausage, cream cheese, pepper jack cheese, and green chilies. Stir until well blended.
- Unfold the sheets of puff pastry. Gently roll out the sheets of puff pastry until they are about 1 inch bigger than you started with.
- Cut the sheets in 3 strips (about where the folds were). Then cut in half width wise, so you have 6 squares for each sheet of puff pastry. Cut each square in half again. So you will have a total of 24 squares.
- Fill each square with 1-2 Tbls of sausage mixture. Roll, pinching the edges to seal. Place on a lined baking sheet and bake for 15 minutes, until puffed and golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and serve.
Want more Brunch ideas?
**I am a Brand Ambassador for Jones Dairy Farm. I was compensate for my time to create this recipe. All thoughts and opinions are 100% my own.