Strawberry Milkshake – An old fashioned milkshake made with fresh strawberries and vanilla ice cream. A delicious and refreshing treat this summer!
Do you go strawberry picking where you live? When we lived in Iowa we used to go every year and come home with pounds and pounds of strawberries. But since we moved to Colorado we have no been able to do that. Apparently this just isn’t the right climate for them. Which is very disappointing, because it was one of our favorite summer traditions. We would come home and have Strawberry Shortcake for dinner that night, and then I would make strawberry recipes like crazy! Strawberry milkshakes were definitely on the menu for a couple days afterwards too.
My husband and son are obsessed with strawberry milkshakes. Every ice cream place we go, they have to get their old fashioned shake, and it has to be strawberry flavored. Sometimes they are made with the strawberry syrup though, and that is not nearly as good as fresh a fresh strawberry shake. I actually first made this recipe 4 years ago when I started blogging, and have not made it much since. Kind of sad when you think of it, all those shakes we missed out on. So when I made this one afternoon for my son, he was practically jumping for joy. He said it tasted better than any restaurant milkshake he has ever had! Super fresh berries and good quality ice cream are pretty much all it takes!
Strawberry Milkshake - An old fashioned milkshake made with fresh strawberries and vanilla ice cream. A delicious and refreshing treat this summer!
5 minPrep Time
5 minTotal Time
- 1/2 pound fresh strawberries, hulled and sliced
- 2 heaping tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 pint vanilla ice cream
- 1/2 cup milk
- In a mixing bowl combine the sliced strawberries, sugar and vanilla extract and stir to combine well. Set aside for at least 20 minutes and up to 1 hour.
- In blender (or food processor if you don't have a blender) place the strawberries, ice cream, and milk. Blend until smooth.
- Pour into glass and top with whip cream to serve. Enjoy!
Recipe from Emeril Lagasse
Want even more Strawberry Recipes?