Today is our last day in Wisconsin. Our flight leaves tomorrow at 5:45 am. It is going to be an early morning, and a very long day! We have had a great week here though. Spending time with family, seeing friends from when we lived in Iowa, and getting to meet a few ladies from a fitness group I have been a part of for over a year. I am ready to get back home, sleep in my bed, and see my husband though! Ten more days, and school starts in Colorado too. Man, did summer just fly by!
Going on vacation is always so much fun, but getting back is so much work! All the laundry, the work, the cleaning, and everything else. Plus, I am actually heading out on another trip this weekend. My 9 year old and I are headed back to the Mid-West to see family for a week. So much for a lazing and relaxing summer! A little worried about how much I should get done ahead of time for my husband. I hate to see what he is going to do for a full week of meals on his own! But just because people are busy, doesn’t mean there isn’t time for desserts! Especially no bake desserts, that come together in under 20 minutes.
My son loves muffins, if I haven’t mentioned it before. I think I have 5 different kinds in the freezer right now. I make a batch, we eat them for breakfast, and they immediately go in the freezer. Works great! Then when he wants muffins again another day, he gets to pick what kind he wants. I take one out, microwave it for 30 seconds, and he get a warm muffin for breakfast!
I saw this recipe on Knead for Speed, and knew I just had to make it. So when I had Oreo’s left from making Oreo Stuffed Chocolate Chip Cookies, I knew exactly how to use them up. Because eating them straight out of the bag by the handful seemed like a bad idea. As much as I wanted to, I had to resist!
- 2 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 2¾ teaspoons baking powder
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup butter, softened
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- ½ cup skim milk
- 12 Oreos, coarsely crushed
- 2 Tablespoons unbleached all-purpose flour
- 2 Tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 Tablespoons butter, diced
- 6 Oreos, finely crushed
- Preheat oven to 385 degrees F. Grease or line muffin tin with liners.
- Prepare streusel first. Stir together flour, sugar, and finely crushed Oreos in a small bowl. Cut in butter until consistency becomes like coarse meal. Refrigerate 10 minutes.
- Whisk together flour and baking powder in a medium bowl. Set aside.
- Using an electric mixer, cream together butter and sugar. Add eggs, one at a time, stirring between additions. Add vanilla. Add flour all at once. Mix on low speed for a few seconds, then add milk and continue mixing just until incorporated. Fold in crushed oreos.
- Divide batter between 10-12 muffin tins, filling each ¾ full. Evenly sprinkle Oreo streusel atop batter.
- Bake 16-18 minutes, or until done.