Teriyaki Chicken Noodle Bowls – an easy homemade teriyaki sauce with tender pieces of chicken and noodles for a delicious and easy dinner!
In case you haven’t noticed, I have a thing for Asian style noodle bowls lately. And apparently you like them too, because they are quickly becoming some of the most popular recipes here on the blog. Garlic Beef Noodles Bowls started it all out, and still remains one of our favorites. Just a few simple ingredients, and so good.
I shared a video for the Chow Mein Noodles with Chicken on Facebook, and people went crazy with their opinions. I get that not everyone wants to use ramen noodles, but boy did I hear about it. Like prison food, will make you puke, people swearing at me and calling me names. So if ramen isn’t your thing (minus the seasoning packet, you make your own sauce) still try the recipe, just use your favorite pasta!
And don’t for get Asian Noodles Bowls with Pork. We love pork tenderloin in our house, so this is one of our favorites. We have been making five spice pork lo mein for probably 10 years, and now we have another asian pork dish to make!
Today these teriyaki chicken noodles bowls were taken from the Pineapple Chicken Teriyaki I shared last week. This version doesn’t have pineapple, and is served tossed with noodles. The pasta gets coated and is so good. You could definitely add pineapple or veggies to bulk this up, but my family loves it just like this.
The leftovers are great the next day for lunch. It isn’t quite as saucy, because the noodles soak up some of the sauce in the fridge. But it is still delicious, and definitely worth making sure you make extra for!
So when you are planning your menu this week, add these teriyaki chicken noodle bowls to your list. It comes together very quickly, and is picky eater approved!
Want even more Asian style recipes?
Peanut Chicken with Rice
Spicy Asian Meatballs with Rice Noodles
Indonesian Curry Tofu Noodle Bowls by Wanderlust Kitchen
Soba Noodle Bowl Recipe with Vegetables & Peanut Sauce by Cookin’ Canuck
Teriyaki Chicken Noodle Bowls - an easy homemade teriyaki sauce with tender pieces of chicken and noodles for a delicious and easy dinner!
5 minPrep Time
20 minCook Time
25 minTotal Time
- 3 Tbls cornstarch, divided
- 1 Tbls water
- 1 Tbls canola oil
- 1 to 1 1/2 pound boneless, skinless chicken cut into cubes
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 green onions, finely chopped
- 1 Tbls sesame seeds
- 12 oz pasta (spaghetti, udon, yakisoba, rice noodles etc.), cook to package directions.
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 1 Tbls honey
- 2 clove garlic, finely minced
- 2 tsp fresh ginger, finely minced
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- Mix together 1 Tbls water with 1 Tbls cornstarch. Set aside.
- Toss cubes of chicken with remaining 2 Tbls cornstarch and season with salt and pepper.
- In a large skillet heat canola oil over medium-high heat. Add chicken, cook for 5-6 minutes browning on all sides.
- Meanwhile mix together all of the ingredients for the sauce.
- Pour sauce over chicken, simmer for 4-5 minutes until chicken is fully cooked. Mix in water and cornstarch mixture. Cook for 1-2 minutes until it starts to thicken.
- Add cooked noodles, tossing to coat evenly.
- Top with green onions and sesame seeds to serve.