Summer break is officially here. My son finished his last day of school last Friday. Since then we have been busy. We have gone to the neighborhood pool a couple of times, spent the weekend with friends, and his baseball season is in full swing. Watching 2nd graders pitch in baseball, is pretty darn entertaining! The other night my 8 year old hit the ball every time he was up to bat, which in my opinion is all you can ask for!
1. Speaking of my 8 year old….we are making an effort to make ice cream this summer. I was looking through the Recipe Index yesterday and noticed a serious lack of frozen treats. By the end of the summer, I hope to rectify that. We started yesterday with our first batch, so stay tuned
2. My 8 year old needed new tennis shoes, so I took him to the store to pick out a new pair this week. The kid officially has shoes bigger than I do. I am short, but seriously, he is 8 years old!!! This shouldn’t be possible, I am not ready for him to be bigger than me. While we were at the store, he also wanted to look at clothes. He wanted to see the sports jerseys, but still – not sure who this kid is!
3. While at the store, I picked up a pair for myself. They were on sale, what can I say?
4. I just realized that the 4th of July is a month away. I have nothing festive planned for you guys? Do you like holiday themed posts? Should I come up with a few red, white, and blue ideas for the occasion?
5. My best friend’s daughter is graduating high school this weekend. I wish I could be there for the party (they are having an ice cream sundae bar). I met her, when her daughter was in 3rd grade. I can’t believe she is going to be in college soon. And boy, does this make me feel old!
6. Reese’s shared my Peanut Butter Lover’s Rice Krispie Treats on their FB page last week. I haven’t had these in almost in almost 2 years, and I again have a serious craving for them!
7. What are you doing for Father’s Day. My husband has been pretty vocal this year that we don’t do much for him. I can’t just let the day slide though, what are your plans for the awesome Dad’s in your life?
That is all from me today!! Back tomorrow with another recipe!