I can’t believe how crazy the weather is this everywhere. Every time you turn on the TV or get on the computer you see updates about freezing cold temperatures, schools being cancelled, and crazy ice storms. I am feeling very fortunate for our Colorado winter. We have had pretty mild temperatures, with a few days of snow here in there. Sunday was 60 and sunny. Monday we got 6 inches of snow. Wednesday was back into the 50’s. Hard to really complain too much.
1. There is a big game this weekend. Are you ready? I did a great round up of recipes yesterday, so if you still need ideas click over; Game Day Food Ideas.
2. My 8 year old started Spanish class yesterday. They have an after school enrichment program at his school. I am so curious to see how much he will learn in the 8 weeks. He quickly picked up the Japanese we practiced before our trip last year, so I hope this is the same.
3. Have you entered to win a $75 Visa Gift card yet? Ends in a couple days. Also a great giveaway from Manwich that includes a Calphalon pan, and a $30 gift card. Enter for that one here. Finally, only 1 day left to enter for the $450 giveaway from Black Gold Farms.
4. Have you followed along on instagram yet? Hurry, don’t miss out on the fun!
5. I am not a huge fan of Cheesecake, but I am in love with these Reese’s Butterfinger Cheesecake Bars from the Tastes of Lizzy T.
6. What shows are you watching these days? We are catching up on all the old seasons of Dexter. We just started season 6. I also love The Blacklist. James Spader is perfect in the show.
7. I have always been a big fan of popcorn. Half the reason I like going to the movies is for the popcorn. But to make it a healthier snack I have found Skinny Pop popcorn. It was on sale at Costco this month, so we bought a bag. It is so good, I am obsessed. We had to go back this weekend to buy 2 more bags before the sale was over.
Back tomorrow with a fun recipe that might work for your party on Sunday!