We are only days away from the end of February. I can not believe it is practically March. I swear I was just wrapping Christmas presents. Now we are planning a spring break trip, and summer vacation. And before you know it my little guy will be 9. I wish there was a way to just slow things down! Less than 2 months until my son’s birthday. I guess I need to start thinking about a birthday party.
1. I learned a valuable lesson yesterday. Do not put “news” on your blog that you haven’t already told your mom. I told you yesterday how I sprained my ankle. Well I guess I forgot to call my mom and tell her what happened. Oops!
2. My ankle is well enough, I am going skiing this weekend! I haven’t actually been on skis since college. Let’s hope that 15 years later I can remember what I am doing. I am taking my 8 year old and we are going with my brother. My brother is an awesome skier, and this will be his 2nd lesson with my son. My 8 year old probably won’t sleep he is so excited we are going.
3. Girls night out tomorrow night, and I am excited! We haven’t decided where we are going yet, but a night out with a friend sounds perfect to me!
4. I have been having a serious craving for S’mores lately. These Nutella S’mores from Simply Delicious look incredible! They just might have to become my snack this afternoon.
5. St. Patrick’s Day is coming up. Do you do anything special to celebrate? We have never really done much of anything. Not the traditional meal, not green food, nothing. I have a couple fun recipes for you coming up. A boozy dessert and a minty snack.
6. We are on episode 5 of Game of Thrones. Lots more to go, but it is seriously a good show. I was prepared to not like it, but I have been proven wrong.
7. Did you check out Mac N’ Cheese Mania going on this week? I contributed this French Onion Mac n’ Cheese. You can check out Rachel Cooks or Nutmeg Nanny for a round up of all the recipes, and an amazing giveaway!