Not sure I am ready for Monday this week. We had a busy weekend getting stuff done around the house, as well as a trip to Costco. We are having a Super Bowl party next weekend, so we had to stock up on a few things, as well as get a few repairs done at home. Saturday afternoon turned into an impromptu faucet replacement in a bathroom. No damage was done, so that is good, but still not exactly what I had in mind for the weekend.
So Monday, it is here no matter what. That means grocery shopping and meal planning for me. Do you do a meal plan for the week? I try to plan 5 meals for the week, which leaves 1 night for leftovers, and 1 night to go out. It works well for us, and I think it saves a ton of money on groceries in the long run. These little muffins cups should get put into your meal plan, sooner rather than later. They are filled with good for your ingredients, are quick to throw together, are a big crowd pleaser, and the leftovers are good too!
These are kind of like meatloaf or meatballs made in muffin tins, only way better. They have ground turkey, oats, and quinoa in them. I top them with marinara sauce and cheese, so they have an Italian twist. They are great with a salad or roasted veggies for a healthy dinner. My 7 year old likes to have extra marinara sauce on his plate to dip them in, and maybe an extra sprinkle of Parmesan cheese as well.
- 1 pound lean ground turkey
- ¾ cup cooked quinoa (I used red quinoa)
- ½ cup rolled oats
- 1 green onion, chopped
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp cumin
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 2 Tbls fresh parsley, chopped
- ¾ cup marinara sauce
- ¾ cup Mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Prepare a 12 cup muffin tin with non stick spray, or liners.
- Mix all of the ingredients together in a large bowl.
- Scoop about ¼ cup of the meat mixture into each muffin cup.
- Using your fingers or the back of a spoon put a small indentation into the top of each muffin cup.
- Put 1 Tbls of marinara sauce into each indentation.
- Bake for 25 minutes.
- Top each muffin cup with 1 Tbls of cheese.
- Return to the oven, and bake until the cheese is melted.
- Serve warm.
- Store leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days.