This is a Sponsored post written by me on behalf of Sargento Foods, Inc.. All opinions are 100% mine.
What do you normally do for lunch? Do you go out everyday? Do you bring leftovers? Do you skip it? According to a survey by Right Management, only a third of American workers say they actually take a lunch break and another third spend lunch at their desks. I will admit, even though I work from my home, I am guilty of eating at my desk. I have a kitchen full of food in the next room, but sometimes I just grab a quick protein bar, or microwave a frozen meal.
Sargento is trying to encourage people to take a real lunch, to savor natural foods and recipes the way they were meant to be enjoyed. Did you know that Sargento Natural Sliced Cheeses are cut from real block cheese. Such an easy way to add great flavor to your sandwiches and salads. You even have choices when it comes to buying Sargento. They come in traditional or Ultra thin cut. A few of the flavors include: Deli Style Medium Cheddar and Provolone Cheeses, Ultra Thin Swiss Cheese and Natural Blends Cheddar-Mozzarella Cheese.
To encourage you to take back your lunch hour, I made a quick and easy wrap. Traditionally chicken salad is made with mayo. I am not a fan of the stuff, and there are much healthier and tasty options out there! I used mashed avocado, for a heart healthy fat, and so much great flavor. Sargento sliced Pepper Jack cheese was the perfect compliment to this wrap; creamy with a little heat. I did add a little bacon to the mix, because let’s face it, everything is better with bacon. If you are in a hurry, or don’t have any on hand, feel free to skip it!
- 1 avocado
- 1 small chicken breast , cooked and shredded or diced
- 2 slices bacon , cooked and crumbled
- 1 small tomato , chopped
- 2 slices Sargento Pepper Jack Cheese
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1 large tortilla
- Using a fork mash the avocado in a bowl. Add chicken, bacon, tomato, salt and pepper. Mix until well combined. Lay tortilla on a flat surface. Place 2 slices of cheese in the center of the tortilla. Spoon on the avocado mixture. Fold in the sides of the tortilla and roll up.
- To bring to work: Wrap in plastic wrap, parchment paper, or place in an air tight container. Refrigerate until ready to eat.