Butterfingers have to be one of my favorite candy bars, and Blondies are one of my favorite desserts. It only seemed natural that they come together in one glorious dessert. This used up the last of my leftover Halloween candy, which is probably a good thing. It is really hard to walk past, and not just grab one of those Butterfingers.
My poor family didn’t get to try these. I had one, ok maybe two, to test of course. Then I gave them straight to a friend. Even my husband, who doesn’t like chocolate would have loved these. Peanut butter base, with Butterfingers mixed in, and then topped with a Butterfinger frosting. Pure heaven! I debated about putting the frosting on, but in the end I am happy I did. The first half of the one I tested, didn’t have Butterfinger in it 🙁 I decided to remedy that, the frosting would be made.
Trust me when I say that you need to try these. I am thinking about going to buy more candy, just to make these to share with my family. They were that good.
- 1/4 cup butter , melted
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup Butterfingers , chopped
- 1/2 cup butter , softened
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 3 Tbls milk
- 1/2 cup Butterfingers , crushed
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line an 8 inch baking dish with foil, and spray with non-stick spray.
- Mix together melted butter and brown sugar until smooth. Mix in the peanut butter until well combined. Add egg, and vanilla, and mix well. Stir in flour, baking powder, and salt. Fold in Butterfingers. Pour batter into prepared pan, and bake for 25-30 minutes. A tester should come out clean. Remove from oven, and cool completely
- Meanwhile prepare frosting. In a large bowl mix together butter, sugar, milk and vanilla until desired consistency. Adjust the sugar and milk as needed, to get a spreadable consistency.
- Once the blondies are cool, top with frosting.
Adapted from Cookies and Cups