Cheeseburger Soup – Your favorite summer time sandwich in a warm and comforting soup. Top with bacon, cheese and your other favorite burger toppings for a delicious dinner!
Soup just might be the best and most comforting meal once the weather turns cold. It can be a soup that comes together in just minutes like our favorite Wonton Soup.
Or it can sit in the crock pot or on the stove and simmer for hours. Slow Cooker Chili is a hearty soup that will warm you up any chili night.
And what goes better with soup than bread. It is pretty much half the reason I make any soup in the first place. Red Lobster Biscuits are a hit with just about anything, so they are always a good idea. But if you want something a little more traditional then these Soft Breadsticks are delicious!
This Cheeseburger Soup recipe will remind you of summer. It has all the flavors you get from grilling your favorite burger, but in soup form. You can even top with your favorite burger toppings. Cheese, bacon, pickles, you name it!
How to Make Cheeseburger Soup
- This Cheeseburger Soup recipe has all the components of a classic grilled cheeseburger. It starts out with browning ground beef and onion together until the onion is nice and soft and the beef is cooked.
- I like to add in Worcestershire sauce to give it even more of a beefy flavor.
- Next you add in tomato paste and chicken broth to make the soup come together. This gives it a nice rich taste and smooth texture.
- After the soup comes to a simmer you use a little milk and flour to thicken the soup and make it nice and creamy.
- It would be cheeseburger soup without some cheese, right? I like to use cheddar cheese, but if you have a favorite you put on a burger, feel free to mix it up!
- Finally once the soup has come together season with salt, pepper, and a little ketchup and mustard to make it tangy and delicious.
Cheeseburger soup is a quick soup to make, even on a weeknight. In about 30 minutes you can have this on the table. You can garnish it with whatever you would normally put on a cheeseburger. I put a little bit of crumbled bacon and more cheese. Crisp raw onion, or diced avocado would be a great option.
So if you are looking for a new soup to try, this is it. The whole family is going to love it. You may even start making a double batch to freeze for later!
I created a fun group on Facebook, and I would love for you to join us! It’s a place where you can share YOUR favorite recipes, ask questions, and see what’s new at Dinners, Dishes and Desserts (so that you never miss a new recipe)! If you’d like to check it out, you can request to join HERE.
Be sure to follow me on Instagram and tag #dinnersdishes so I can see all the wonderful DINNERS, DISHES, AND DESSERTS recipes YOU make!
Connect with Dinners, Dishes, and Desserts!
Be sure to follow me on my social media, so you never miss a post!
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 cup onion, , finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, , minced
- 3 Tbls Worcestershire sauce
- 3 cups chicken stock
- 1 (14 oz) can tomato sauce
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 2 cups cheddar cheese, , grated
- 1 Tbls mustard
- 3 Tbls ketchup
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- cheddar cheese
- crisp bacon
- diced onions
- diced avocado
- In a large stock pot cook the ground beef over medium high heat, breaking apart. After it begins to brown add onions, and garlic. Cook until the meat is cooked through, and the onions are soft. Drain any fat from the pan.
- Stir in Worcestershire sauce, tomato sauce and chicken stock. Simmer.
- In a liquid measuring cup whisk together milk and flour until smooth. Slowly stir into the simmering soup. Cook until the soup starts to thicken slightly.
- Add the cheddar cheese, 1/2 cup at time, stirring after each addition.
- Once the cheese is all added stir in the mustard, ketchup, salt and pepper. Cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Serve with desired garnish.
- Store in an airtight container for up to 4 days. Freezes well.
Adapted from The Runaway Spoon
Amount Per ServingCalories 602Total Fat 35gSaturated Fat 14gTrans Fat 1gUnsaturated Fat 17gCholesterol 124mgSodium 1352mgCarbohydrates 31gFiber 4gSugar 8gProtein 41g
Nutrition Disclaimer: All information presented on this site is intended for informational purposes only. I am not a certified nutritionist and any nutritional information shared on dinnersdishesanddesserts.com should only be used as a general guideline.