Cheeseburger Soup – Your favorite summer time sandwich in a warm and comforting soup. Top with bacon, cheese and your other favorite burger toppings for a delicious dinner!
Soup just might be the best and most comforting meal once the weather turns cold. It can be a soup that comes together in just minutes like our favorite Wonton Soup.
Or it can sit in the crock pot or on the stove and simmer for hours. Slow Cooker Chili is a hearty soup that will warm you up any chili night.
And what goes better with soup than bread. It is pretty much half the reason I make any soup in the first place. Red Lobster Biscuits are a hit with just about anything, so they are always a good idea. But if you want something a little more traditional then these Soft Breadsticks are delicious!
What You’ll Need
- Ground Beef
- Worcestershire Sauce
- Chicken Broth
- Tomato Sauce
- All-Purpose Flour
- Cheddar Cheese
- Salt & Pepper
All the flavors you love of your favorite summer Cheeseburger, but in a comforting winter soup form.
How to Make Cheeseburger Soup
- The first thing to do is start to brown you ground beef. In a large pot, break apart the ground beef until it starts to brown. Add in the onions and garlic and cook until the onions are soft and the beef is cooked. Drain away any grease if there is any.
- Mix in the Worcestershire sauce, chicken broth, and tomato sauce. Stir and bring everything to a simmer.
- In a liquid measuring cup whisk together the milk and flour until it is smooth. Slowly stir into the soup and simmer until the soup starts to thicken.
- Add the cheese about 1/2 cup at a time so it melts evenly. Once all the cheese is added, stir in the ketchup, mustard, salt and pepper. Let the soup simmer for about 10 minutes.
- Serve hot topped with your favorite burger toppings.
What Goes On Cheeseburger Soup
You really can top your soup with whatever your favorite burger toppings are, but there are just a couple of favorites.
- Shredded Cheese
- Diced Onions
- Crumbled Bacon
What To Serve With Cheeseburger Soup
So if you are looking for a new soup to try, this is it. The whole family is going to love it. You may even start making a double batch to freeze for later!
More Comfort Soup Recipes
- Creamy Tortellini Soup
- Avgolemono Soup
- Instant Pot Wild Rice Soup
- Chicken Pot Pie Soup
- Beer Cheese Soup
- Chicken Gnocchi Soup
- Instant Pot Pozole
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 cup onion, finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 Tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1 (14 oz) can tomato sauce
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 2 cups cheddar cheese, grated
- 3 Tablespoons ketchup
- 1 Tablespoon mustard
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- cheddar cheese
- crisp bacon
- diced onions
- diced avocado
- In a large stock pot cook the ground beef over medium high heat, breaking apart. After it begins to brown add onions, and garlic. Cook until the meat is cooked through, and the onions are soft. Drain any fat from the pan.
- Stir in Worcestershire sauce, tomato sauce and chicken broth. Bring the soup to a simmer.
- In a liquid measuring cup whisk together milk and flour until smooth. Slowly stir into the simmering soup. Cook until the soup starts to thicken slightly.
- Add the cheddar cheese, 1/2 cup at time, stirring after each addition.
- Once the cheese is all added stir in the mustard, ketchup, salt and pepper. Cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Serve with desired garnish.
Adapted from The Runaway Spoon
Amount Per Serving Calories 423Total Fat 23gSaturated Fat 12gTrans Fat 1gUnsaturated Fat 9gCholesterol 112mgSodium 1438mgCarbohydrates 18gFiber 1gSugar 9gProtein 35g
Nutrition Disclaimer: All information presented on this site is intended for informational purposes only. I am not a certified nutritionist and any nutritional information shared on dinnersdishesanddesserts.com should only be used as a general guideline.
I created a fun group on Facebook, and I would love for you to join us! It’s a place where you can share YOUR favorite recipes, ask questions, and see what’s new at Dinners, Dishes and Desserts (so that you never miss a new recipe)!
Be sure to follow me on Instagram and tag #dinnersdishes so I can see all the wonderful DINNERS, DISHES, AND DESSERTS recipes YOU make!
Be sure to follow me on my social media, so you never miss a post!