Chicken Tostadas – A quick and easy Mexican dinner! A crispy corn tortilla piled high with guacamole, chicken and salsa. Take a shortcut from the store and this can be ready in no time!
You all know that I love Mexican food by now. I could eat it every day and be a happy girl. Mexican Rice Skillet is super easy and one of my favorites. This is not my first time sharing a tostada here on the blog either. Shrimp & Avocado Tostadas are super light, fresh, and easy too.
I first made this recipe years ago, when I first started blogging. Today I am sharing it with you again with updated pictures. These chicken tostadas are such a great recipe to have in your arsenal, I want to make sure you don’t miss them! Rotisserie chicken recipes like these are great for busy nights- you just pick up the chicken and dinner is almost done.
It isn’t just me who likes Mexican food, my whole family loves it. My son requested Enchilada Pasta Skillet almost weekly for dinner. The thing I like best about Mexican food is you can customize it to what your family likes. Like these rotisserie chicken tostadas. You can top them with whatever you want! My husband added some beans to his as well as jalapenos.
What Do You Need To Make Tostadas
- Tostada Shells
- Avocados or guacamole
- Pico de Gallo
- Taco spices
- Lime Juice
You can find tostadas shells near the normal taco shells in your grocery store. I heat them in the oven for a few minutes to get them fresh and crispy, then just load them up. You can use Homemade Guacamole or store bought works as well. The real time saver? Use a rotisserie chicken. All you have to do then is toss with a little paprika and lime juice, and your family will have no idea.
What is a Tostada
A tostada is basically a flat taco. You have a crispy corn tortilla that is fried flat instead of folded like a taco. Then you just top with your favorite toppings. You can use beans, beef, chicken, shrimp, corn…you name it, it works! I have even topped them with bacon and eggs for a breakfast version before.
This chicken and guacamole tostada is great because you can use a rotisserie chicken you picked up on the way home from work. Rotisserie chicken recipes are a great shortcut to make dinner fast and easy! All the hard work is done for you, you just have a hot and juicy chicken to tear apart and toss in some spices.
How to Make Homemade Tostada Shells
If you can find shells at the store, they are very easy to make at home.
- Heat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Brush both sides of corn tortillas with vegetable oil
- Cook for 5 minutes per side until they are crispy.
You could also deep fry them for a few minutes until crispy as well.
How to Make Chicken Tostadas
- You can either cook the chicken and shred it or use rotisserie chicken that you shred. If you are cooking the chicken, season with salt and pepper and bake for 25-30 minutes until it is cooked through. Then remove from the oven and shred.
- Toss the cooked chicken with the spices and lime juice. You could also just use pre-made taco seasoning and lime juice if you wanted to take a short cut.
- Warm the tostada shells in the oven for about 5 minutes, like you would crispy taco shells.
- Top each shell with guacamole, chicken, and pico de gallo. They are best when served immediately.
More Great Mexican Recipes to Try
- Mexican Pizza
- Sour Cream Enchiladas
- Dorito Taco Salad
- Flank Steak Tacos
- Easy Chicken Fajitas
- Fiesta Lime Chicken
- Taco Stuffed Peppers
- Creamy Salsa Chicken
Plus check out all the different Margarita Recipes you can enjoy as well!
Video by Inspo
Pico de Gallo
- 1 cup tomato, chopped
- 2 Tbls onion, finely chopped
- 1 Tbls lime juice
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 Tbls chopped cilantro
- 1/2 jalapeno, seeded and chopped
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 Tbls lime juice
- 2 tsp paprika
- 8 corn tostada shells
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Sprinkle both sides of chicken with all the seasonings except the lime and paprika. Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through.
- While the chicken is cooking prepare the pico de gallo. Mix all of the ingredients until well combined. Store in fridge until ready to use.
- Heat tostada shells according to package directions
- Shred chicken with 2 forks. Toss with paprika and lime juice.
- To serve spread guacamole across the tostada shell. Top with chicken and then pico de gallo.
Recipe adapted from Cooking Light
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving Calories 282Total Fat 10gSaturated Fat 3gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 6gCholesterol 51mgSodium 721mgCarbohydrates 29gFiber 5gSugar 4gProtein 22g
Nutrition Disclaimer: All information presented on this site is intended for informational purposes only. I am not a certified nutritionist and any nutritional information shared on dinnersdishesanddesserts.com should only be used as a general guideline.
I created a fun group on Facebook, and I would love for you to join us! It’s a place where you can share YOUR favorite recipes, ask questions, and see what’s new at Dinners, Dishes and Desserts (so that you never miss a new recipe)! If you’d like to check it out, you can request to join HERE.
Be sure to follow me on Instagram and tag #dinnersdishes so I can see all the wonderful DINNERS, DISHES, AND DESSERTS recipes YOU make!
Connect with Dinners, Dishes, and Desserts!
Be sure to follow me on my social media, so you never miss a post!