Chocolate Pumpkin Muffins with Pumpkin Spiced Glaze are a great treat to have around for breakfast, lunch box treats, or after school snacks.
My son has a 4 day weekend this weekend. They have Thursday and Friday off for conferences. My in-laws are coming to visit, so he is going to have lots of time with them. Often times when family comes to visit he has to go to school, and misses out on seeing them more than just the weekend. Not this time! And he is beyond excited. Saturday my husband and I are headed to Denver for time to ourselves. Not sure what we are going to do yet, but we haven’t had a night away in forever, so it will be a nice break.
I am all for pumpkin when the fall hits. My son is a huge fan, but my husband can’t stand it. So I don’t do a ton with it, but I try to throw in a few new ideas each fall. A certain coffee chain has lines out the door when their pumpkin spice latte comes out again each fall. Personally, I prefer to whip up my pumpkin flavored treats at home. I love the smell of pumpkin and cinnamon coming together. It makes your house feel so warm and cozy. These chocolate pumpkin muffins are definitely no exception!
Chocolate and pumpkin go so well together. Last year I made a chocolate pumpkin bread that we absolutely loved. I ended up making even more of it to give my son’s teachers for the holidays. Since it is pretty common knowledge around here that I like muffins, it should come as no surprise that I decided to come up with new recipe. Now that International Delight Pumpkin Spice Coffee Creamer is finally back in the stores, I decided to use that to bump up the flavor even more. And using the pumpkin spice creamer in the glaze, gives it just the perfect amount of spice. I had these ready when my son came home from school one day, and he was thrilled. The next morning I was watching a friend’s son before school. He had already eaten breakfast before he came over, but still managed to eat 2 of these muffins! You should head to the kitchen now to whip up some of these chocolate pumpkin muffins to have on hand this fall!
Want more muffins? Check out the 50 Muffins that have been shared here before, all in one place.
Butterscotch Banana Muffins by Love from the Oven
Coconut Chocolate Chip Muffins
Bakery Syle Chocolate Chip Muffins
Blueberry Crumble Muffins by Country Cleaver
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 2 1/2 cup flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup International Delight Pumpkin Spice Creamer
- 1/4 cup oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 3 to 4 Tbls International Delight Pumpkin Spice Creamer
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a muffin tin with paper liners or spray with non-stick spray.
- In a bowl combine cocoa powder, flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and pumpkin pie spice. Set aside.
- In a separate large bowl whisk together sugar, pumpkin puree, creamer, oil, eggs, and vanilla. Add flour mixture, stirring until just barely combined. Fold in chocolate chips.
- Divide evenly among 16 muffin cups. Bake for 14-18 minutes until a tester comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven and cool for 5 minutes before removing from the pan.
- Meanwhile make the glaze by mixing powdered sugar and creamer together until it is thin enough to drizzle. Adjust the creamer as necessary.
- Once the muffins are cool, drizzle with glaze.
Amount Per Serving Calories 278Total Fat 9gSaturated Fat 3gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 6gCholesterol 23mgSodium 199mgCarbohydrates 48gFiber 2gSugar 29gProtein 4g
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of International Delight. The opinions and text are all mine.