Crab Rangoon Dip – Classic Crab Rangoon filling made into a warm dip with fried wonton wrappers for dippers. Great for parties or just snacking.
Appetizers should be considered their own food group in my opinion. You can make a meal out of them, and they are just so darn good! It can something like homemade Caramelized Onion Dip or something more over the top like Goat Cheese Dip. Just pass me chips and I am happy!
Why You’ll Love Crab Rangoon Dip
- You can make the dip the day ahead of time and just warm it when it is time to serve. Keep it in the crockpot to stay warm during whatever event you are hosting.
- If you love the Chinese take-out crab rangoons, you will love this. So much more crab and filling than the restaurant version.
- So many different options for the type of crab you use. You can use more affordable canned crab meat, or you can use lump crab meat from the seafood department.
If you are a fan of crab, then this Hot Crab Dip is another great appetizer that is a huge hit at get togethers, and can be made ahead. When you say crab, pretty much everyone gets excited. So prepare for it to disappear quickly.
What You’ll Need
- Cream Cheese
- Sour Cream
- Soy Sauce
- Worcestershire Sauce
- Garlic Powder
- Salt & Pepper
- Crab Meat
How To Make Crab Rangoon Dip
- Start by mixing the cream cheese and sour cream together until they are smooth and nicely blended.
- Then add in all of the remaining ingredients and mix until everything is well combined.
- Here you can put into a small crock pot and heat on low for a couple hours. Or put in an oven safe dish and bake until hot and bubbly.
What Kind Of Crab To Use
You can use canned lump meat crab to make this, or you can get the fresh stuff from fish counter. The imitation stuff will work, but definitely not be quite as tasty. But can you ever really go wrong with a dip you get to dip fried egg roll wrappers in? So use whatever your budget can afford, and you will have a great dip.
What To Serve With Crab Rangoon
- Fried Wonton Chips
- Tortilla Chips
If you are looking for a more low carb dipper bell pepper strips, carrots or celery sticks great as well.
How to Make Wonton Chips
In the produce section at the grocery store you can usually find egg roll wrappers, that is what you need for this. Just cut them into strips, and fry them in hot oil (about 350º F) until they are brown and crispy. They make the perfect dipper for this crab rangoon dip.
This crab rangoon dip recipe is super easy and going to become a staple at get togethers once you try it!
If you have leftovers you can store in an airtight container in the fridge for 3-4 days. Simply reheat slowly in the oven until it is warmed through. You can also serve cold, but I prefer it warm.
More Great Party Dips
- Bacon Cheeseburger Dip
- Hot Sausage Dip
- White Queso Dip
- Refried Bean Dip
- Taco Dip
- Chili Cheese Dip
- Baked Mexican Cheese Dip
- 8 oz cream cheese, (1/3 less fat)
- 1/2 cup light sour cream
- 6 oz lump crab meat, drained
- 1 tsp honey
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 24 wonton wrappers, , cut into strips
- Canola Oil for frying
- In a bowl mix all of the ingredients together for the dip.
- Heat in a 400 degree oven for 10 minutes, or put in a small crock pot over low heat for 2 hours.
- In a large pot, pour in 2 inches of canola oil. Heat over medium high heat, until about 375 degrees.
- Working in small batches place strips of wontons into the pot. Cook for about 1 minute, turn them and cook for another 1 minute, or until lightly golden brown.
- Remove to a wire rack to drain and cool before serving.
Adapted from Bake Your Day
Amount Per Serving Calories 234Total Fat 14gSaturated Fat 7gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 5gCholesterol 56mgSodium 509mgCarbohydrates 18gFiber 0gSugar 2gProtein 9g
I created a fun group on Facebook, and I would love for you to join us! It’s a place where you can share YOUR favorite recipes, ask questions, and see what’s new at Dinners, Dishes and Desserts (so that you never miss a new recipe)!
Be sure to follow me on Instagram and tag #dinnersdishes so I can see all the wonderful DINNERS, DISHES, AND DESSERTS recipes YOU make!
Be sure to follow me on my social media, so you never miss a post!