Frito Pie Recipe – a Frito taco pie recipe that is great for busy weeknights. Delicious comfort food that the whole family love.
When I was growing up we had a few staples that made appearances every week. Saturday night was homemade pizza, and Sunday was Mexican night. Enchiladas were one of our favorites that we had often.
And whenever my aunt and uncle were around we had this Frito pie recipe. I think the first time that we had this was at my aunt’s house and we all loved it. It is great to make for a crowd, so it was a staple whenever family was visiting. Casseroles are always a good idea when you have a bunch of people to feed! This Beef and Noodle Casserole is such an easy one to make and you can double it without a problem if you need more.
How to Make Frito Pie
- Start by browning the ground beef and onions together.
- Mix in the taco seasoning. Skip the step of adding the water, just mix in the seasoning until the meat is well coated.
- Pour in corn, tomatoes, and beans to combine everything
- Pour about 3/4 bag of Fritos into the bottom of a casserole dish, top with meat mixture
- Sprinkle on plenty of cheese! I like to use about 1 1/2 cups to evenly coat everything. You can go lighter or heavier, that is up to you.
- Bake until the cheese is melty!
Fritos might be my all time favorite chip, so it is no surprise that I am a fan of this Frito pie. I like to reserve about 1/4 of the bag of chips to top each portion when you serve it. You can also top with your favorite taco toppings. I will take pretty much any excuse to use Fritos like Chicken Enchilada Chili.
Sour cream is my favorite, but lettuce, black olives, avocado, and tomatoes make a great choice as well. We are a huge fan of anything with Mexican flavors, so it should come as no surprise that this is a hit at our house. Mexican Skillet Potatoes are on the menu at least monthly!
I created a fun group on Facebook, and I would love for you to join us! It’s a place where you can share YOUR favorite recipes, ask questions, and see what’s new at Dinners, and Desserts (so that you never miss a new recipe)! If you’d like to check it out, you can request to join HERE.
Be sure to follow me on Instagram and tag #dinnersdishes so I can see all the wonderful DINNERS, DISHES, AND DESSERTS recipes YOU make!
Connect with Dinners, Dishes, and Desserts!
Be sure to follow me on my social media, so you never miss a post!