This is a sponsored post on behalf of McCormick.
What a crazy week of weather here in Colorado. We went from 90’s last Sunday, to cold and non-stop rain the rest of the week. School was cancelled on Friday because of all the flooding around the area. Luckily we live in an area that was not affected, but not far from our house creeks were over flowing, and roads were closed. If you have watched the news, I am sure you have seen some of the damage. It will be a long and slow recovery for a lot of the areas.
The winner of the Bake Sale was Team #6:
– Amy from http://amysfinerthings.com/
– Emily from http://
– Holly from http://phemomenon.com/
– Jennifer from http://
– Kristyn from http://lilluna.com/
– Lindsey from http://www.cafejohnsonia.com/
On a lighter and happier note. I made brownies! Rich fudgy brownies with a mint chocolate chip frosting. Yep, they are just as good as they sound, maybe even better. Today I am joining a great group of ladies to put on a virtual “bake sale” with McCormick. McCormick has always been a staple in my kitchen for different extracts and seasonings, so I am super excited to work with them on this project. This year McCormick has developed a few unique cookie and brownie recipes that are perfect for dessert at home, or any bake sale that you have going on.
If you know me, you know I am a sucker for brownies. I was intrigued by the Raspberry Brownies Bake Sale recipe on McCormick’s site, so I put my own twist on it and made a mint chocolate chip version. McCormick is hosting the virtual “bake sale” on Pinterest. I am on a team with 5 other lovely and talented ladies. Repins on Pinterest = sales, so go ahead and repin to your hearts content. There are a total of 5 teams involved, and the team with the most repins is the winner. BUT, the best part is you guys are going to be the real winners.
McCormick is giving away a prize pack to one lucky reader on EACH blog! Winners will receive a McCormick gift pack full of spices, extracts, and other items needed to inspire baking creativity. This gift pack is valued at $75.
- 3/4 cup butter, , melted
- 3/4 cup cocoa powder
- 11/2 cup sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 tsp McCormick vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup chocolate chips
Mint Chocolate Chip Frosting
- 1/2 cup butter, , softened
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1/2 tsp McCormick vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp McCormick peppermint extract
- 3 Tbls milk
- a few drops of McCormick green food coloring
- 1/3 cup mini chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line an 8 inch baking pan with foil, and spray with non-stick spray.
- In a large bowl combine melted butter, and cocoa powder. Mix until well combined. Add eggs, sugar, and vanilla mix well. Stir in the flour and salt until well combined. Fold in chocolate chips. Pour into prepared pan. Bake for 25 minutes, or until a tester comes out clean.
- Remove from oven, and cool completely.
- Meanwhile, prepare the frosting. Mix everything but the chocolate chips together until you get the desired consistency. Adjust the sugar and milk as necessary. Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Once brownies have completely cooled, frost.
- Store in an air tight container.
Amount Per Serving Calories 591Total Fat 21gSaturated Fat 13gTrans Fat 1gUnsaturated Fat 7gCholesterol 77mgSodium 227mgCarbohydrates 101gFiber 2gSugar 90gProtein 5g
Check out what the other ladies in my group made!
Cookin’ Canuck – Whole Wheat Double Chocolate Chip Cinnamon Cookie
Honeybear Lane – Cinnamon Chocolate Reese’s Brownies
A Pumpkin and A Princess – Reese’s Chocolate Chunk Mocha Cookies
Confessions of a Cookbook Queen – Raspberry Cheesecake Brownie
Blommi – Mandarin White Chocolate Chip Blondies
*This is a sponsored post on behalf of McCormick and Mom It Forward. All opinions are 100% my own