To end 2013 I am going to share a few “favorites” posts. Today is a round up of my husbands favorite 13 dishes from 2013. I will also share my favorites, which are drastically different than my husband’s (mine will include chocolate). Followed by readers favorites, or the recipes which have been view the most over 2013. Hopefully some of your favorites will make the lists!
13. Open Faced Chicken Sandwiches w/ Artichoke Pesto – my husband is a huge fan of artichokes (you will notice a theme as we progress).
12. Indian Butter Chicken – Indian food is in constant rotation around our house. It is requested by my son and husband almost weekly.
11. Strawberry Crumb Bars – I first made this a couple years ago, I didn’t realize until this summer how much my husband actually liked it.
10. Thanksgiving Stuffing – My husband only wants 2 things out of a Thanksgiving meal. Stuffing and Mashed Potatoes. He would probably have this 1 time a month, and be a happy guy.
9. Cheddar Jalapeno Mashed Potatoes – These have become the most requested side in our house. He loves them.
8. Mexican Rice – I have been making this rice for years! It is a staple in our house.
7. Homemade Caramels – I remember my husband making this recipe on his own in college. He loves caramel.
6. Strawberry Shortcake – A childhood favorite that still remains towards the top of his list.
5. Frosted Sugar Cookies – Are you noticing a pattern? If it was something he has had all his life, it is a favorite!
4. Artichoke Dip – I told you he had a thing for artichokes.
3. Rosemary Focaccia – We love our carbs here, and this is one of everyone’s favorite.
2. Chicken & Artichoke Ravioli – Again with the artichokes. But really I think this was the roasted garlic cream sauce, and fresh pasta. How can you go wrong!
1. Cream Puffs – I remember making these together when we were in college. He doesn’t like chocolate, but he still likes his desserts.