Lemon Chicken Skillet with Artichokes and Olives – a complete chicken dinner in one pan. Chicken thighs in a lemony sauce with artichokes and green olives.
I am pretty sure that chicken is the most eaten protein in the US. At let’s face it, it can get boring. When I am not sure what is for dinner, I always grab chicken out the freezer to start thawing. I figure by the end of the day I will figure out something to do with it.
But today, I am super excited about this recipe. It is just your basic chicken with vegetables, but not at all what you would normally expect. Artichokes and green olives make up the vegetable part, and they pretty much make the dinner. Definitely not your average chicken dinner!
You now I am all about the one pan meal. They are my go to most nights of the week. A dinner that can be ready in just 20-30 minutes, all the cooking is done in one pan, and I don’t have twelve pans to wash after dinner, means I am a happy girl.
Usually my skillet meals involve pasta, so this one is a little different. Lemon Chicken Skillet is chicken thighs in a creamy lemon sauce with artichoke hearts and green olives. Lots of flavor for a quick and easy dinner on busy weeknights.
Chicken thighs are a very forgiving and flavorful cut of chicken. They do not dry out nearly as easily as chicken breasts, plus they are usually relatively thin, so they are perfect for a skillet meal. For this Lemon Chicken Skillet I dusted the chicken with flour before browning it in the pan. That gave the chicken a little bit of crunch, and then helped to thicken the sauce.
I used STAR Lemon Stuffed Green Olives in this dish. The green olives give a little bit of saltiness to the dish, and just a little extra lemon. Even my husband who isn’t a fan of green olives enjoyed this chicken skillet. Great quick and easy dinner for any night of the week!
Want more? Check out all of the other One Pan Dinner Recipes here and here are some more you might like:
Lemon Pepper Chicken with Artichokes, Mushrooms and Asparagus by Aggie’s Kitchen
Skillet Spinach Lasagna by 365 Days of Baking
Salsa Verde Chicken Skillet
One Pan Garlic Chicken
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 1/4 cup flour
- 3 Tbls olive oil, , divided
- 1 cup onion, , finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, ,
- 1 (14.75 oz) jar artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
- 1 (7 oz) jar lemon stuffed green olives, drained and roughly chopped
- 1 1/2 cup chicken stock
- 2 Tbls butter
- 1 lemon, , juiced
- Heat a large skillet over medium high heat. Add 2 Tbls olive oil, swirl to coat.
- Dust chicken lightly with flour. Add to skillet, cooking for 3 minutes on each side, or until browned.
- Remove from pan.
- Add remaining ` Tbls olive oil to the pan. Stir in onions, and cook until soft. Chinese to Kazakh Add garlic, artichoke hearts, and olives. Cook for 2-3 minutes until garlic is fragrant.
- Add chicken and any juices back to the pan. Add chicken stock.
- Bring to a simmer and cook for 5-10 minutes, until chicken is cooked through and the chicken stock as reduced and slightly thickened. Stir in butter until melted.
- Serve immediately.
Serving Size4 Servings
Amount Per ServingCalories 429 Total Fat 26g Saturated Fat 8g Trans Fat 0g Unsaturated Fat 17g Cholesterol 156mg Sodium 393mg Carbohydrates 19g Net Carbohydrates 0g Fiber 2g Sugar 5g Sugar Alcohols 0g Protein 32g
**I have an ongoing relationship with STAR Fine Foods for recipe development. I was compensated for my time in coming up with this recipe. All thoughts and opinions are 100% my own.