I am having a hard time writing this post tonight. I just received an email from the owners of the house we are buying. Well technically, they are our renters now, since we closed on the house over a month ago. Well anyway, they were supposed to be out of the house by June 19th. He had been saying he might need a few extra days because things were behind schedule. As of yesterday he had movers schedule for the end of June. Well today, he says it will be at least the middle of July now! I am really not happy with this news! Not sure what we can do at this point.
Ok, so the shrimp. This is one of those meals that if 10 years ago you told me I would like, I would have never believed you! I am not a fan of seafood. Over the last few years I have been trying to make myself like shrimp. I try fish when my husband orders it at restaurants, but I just can’t get myself to like it. Shrimp I can handle though. It used to be only fried shrimp I liked, but now if it is seasoned well, in a flavorful sauce, and not over cooked, I actually enjoy it.
This is a light and perfect meal for summer and spring. I would normally think of grits and something heavy. But here, they are mixed with just a little Parmesan cheese, and then has a lemon sauce over the top. Lemon always goes well with seafood, and this is no exception.
- 3/4 cup instant grits
- 3 cups water
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
- 2 Tbls butter
- 1 pound shrimp, , peeled and deveined
- 2 cloves garlic, , minced
- 1/4 tsp cayenne
- 1/2 lemon, , juiced
- 2 Tbls water
- 2 Tbls parsley, , chopped
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- lemon wedges, , optional garnish
- Bring water to a boil over high heat. Slowly whisk in the grits, salt and pepper. Reduce heat to low, and cook until thickened (about 5 minutes), stirring occasionally. Add Parmesan cheese, 1 Tbls butter, and stir until combined. Cover to keep warm.
- Meanwhile, melt remaining butter in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add shrimp, garli, and cayenne. Cook until shrimp are pink, about 3 to 4 minutes. Remove from heat. Add 2 Tbls water, lemon juice, and parsley. Toss to coat. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- To serve divide the grits among 4 plats, top with shrimp, and sauce. Sprinkle with chopped parsley, and garnish with lemon wedges.
Adapted from Food Network Magazine
Amount Per ServingCalories 305 Saturated Fat 5g Cholesterol 305mg Sodium 1936mg Carbohydrates 24g Fiber 1g Protein 28g