Mexican Quinoa Salad – Quinoa Salad with corn, black beans, grape tomatoes, and zucchini, then topped with a creamy avocado dressing. Great warm or cold, so it is perfect for a picnic or barbecue.
Anytime I can fit Mexican/Southwest flavors into a dish, I am going to do it! This is a Southwest Quinoa Salad that is loaded with flavor and a great dish to make for just about any time.
Avocado is one of our favorite ingredients, so quinoa salad with avocado is a must. And there it is tossed with a creamy avocado dressing that just brings it all together. So easy to make, you can make it ahead of time, and it will definitely disappear quickly.
Mexican Quinoa Salad Ingredients
- Chicken Broth
- Black Beans
- Green Onions
This quinoa salad is super versatile and you really can mix up what vegetables you add! This is tossed with a creamy avocado dressing to bring it all together and it adds so much flavor!
Avocado Dressing Ingredients
- Red Wine Vinegar
- Lime Juice
- Crushed Red Pepper
- Salt & Pepper
- Olive Oil
How To Make Mexican Quinoa Salad
- The first step is to rinse your quinoa. You want to run it under cold water until the water is clear. Quinoa can be kind of bitter if you skip this step.
- Bring the chicken broth to a boil, add the quinoa and cook as directed on the package.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl combine all the veggies and seasonings for the salad. Mix until it is well combined.
- To make the dressing pulse together all of the dressing ingredients, expect the olive oil in a food processor. Scrape down the sides if necessary.
- Once it is nice and smooth, slowly stream in the olive oil.
- Add the cooked quinoa to the veggies, tossing to combine.
- Pour in the dressing and stir until well coated.
- Can be served warm or cold.
This is great served cold, so you can make ahead and just store covered in the fridge until you are ready to serve. It will last for 2-3 days in the fridge.
This Southwest Quinoa Salad is loaded with flavor and a great way to get veggies into your family with flavors they know and love already!
More Easy Side Dishes Recipes
- Air Fryer Asparagus
- Mediterranean Quinoa Salad
- Roasted Butternut Squash
- Creamy Polenta
- Lemon Herb Potato Salad
- Corn Fritters
- Greek Salad
- Cranberry Apple Coleslaw
- 1 cup uncooked Quinoa
- 1 1/4 cups Chicken Broth (or however much liquid your Quinoa calls for)
- 1 can (15 oz) black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 1/2 cups frozen corn, thawed
- 1 small zucchini , sautéed
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, halved
- 3 green onions, finely chopped
- 1/4 fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and minced
Creamy Avocado Dressing
- 1 avocado, pitted
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 Tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- Rinse quinoa under cold water until the water runs clear.
- Bring the chicken broth to a boil, and quinoa and cook as directed on the package.
- In a large bowl combine all the veggies and seasonings for the salad.
- In a food processor, pulse together all of the dressing ingredients, except for the olive oi.. You might need to scrape down the sides a couple times.
- Once smooth, slowly stream in the olive oil.
- Combine the cooked quinoa with the veggies, and then stir in the avocado dressing. Stir until well coated.
- Can be served warm or cold.
Adapted from Bake Your Day
Amount Per Serving Calories 258Total Fat 13gSaturated Fat 2gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 10gCholesterol 1mgSodium 459mgCarbohydrates 34gFiber 8gSugar 9gProtein 7g
Nutrition Disclaimer: All information presented on this site is intended for informational purposes only. I am not a certified nutritionist and any nutritional information shared on dinnersdishesanddesserts.com should only be used as a general guideline.
I created a fun group on Facebook, and I would love for you to join us! It’s a place where you can share YOUR favorite recipes, ask questions, and see what’s new at Dinners, Dishes and Desserts (so that you never miss a new recipe)! If you’d like to check it out, you can request to join HERE.
Be sure to follow me on Instagram and tag #dinnersdishes so I can see all the wonderful DINNERS, DISHES, AND DESSERTS recipes YOU make!
Be sure to follow me on my social media, so you never miss a post!