One Pot Thai Shrimp Pasta – Creamy Thai shrimp pasta all cooked in one pot.
St. Patrick’s Day is over, and now we have about a month until Easter. I haven’t really thought about any Easter ideas to share with you. Do you have any requests? We usually have ham and potatoes for Easter, the only thing that ever changes is the dessert. And sometimes it just gets skipped because of all the candy that is around. So if you want any ideas, let me know, so I can start working on them for you!
In the meantime, I am here with an amazing one pot dinner. An Italian version of this One-Pot Pasta has been making the rounds on the internet lately. It has been done enough, I wanted to do an Asian version. The concept is pretty crazy.
You put the liquid, the pasta, and all the other add-ins together in one pot. Then you just cover, bring to a boil, and cook for about 10 minutes. The pasta absorbs all the liquid as it cooks, and it comes out perfectly cooked with a creamy sauce. Kind of magical really. So I made my own One Pot Thai Shrimp Pasta version.
You do have to be a little careful what kind of pasta you use. They all cook at different times, so you will want to use linguini or spaghetti or something else that cooks in about 10 minutes. For this one pot Thai shrimp pasta version I added peanut butter, soy sauce, ginger, and a few other typical Asian ingredients.
I was a little nervous about the shrimp, but it worked out beautifully. The dish was creamy, with lots of great flavor, and the shrimp was perfectly cooked. I can not wait to try this again! Dinner is ready in about 15 minutes, what more can you ask for on a busy night.
Want more? Check out all of the other One Pan Dinner Recipes here and here are some more you might like:
One Pot Pasta with Sausage and Tomatoes
Hashbrown Enchilada Skillet
Easy Greek Gyro Skillet by Lemons for Lulu
Fast and Easy Sheet Pan Chicken Fajitas by Boulder Locavore
- 12 oz linguine
- 3 cups chicken stock
- 4 cloves garlic, , minced
- 1 Tbls soy sauce
- 1 Tbls fish sauce
- 1 Tbls honey
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
- 2 inches fresh ginger, , grated
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 3 green onions, , thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup creamy peanut butter
- 12 oz large shrimp, , peeled and deveined (tails removed)
- Bean Sprouts
- Lime Slices
- Chopped Peanuts
- Place all of the ingredients in a large stockpot. Cover and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to a simmer. Stir the pot every 2 minutes, cooking for about 10 minutes or until the liquid is mostly absorbed and the pasta is cooked through.
- Let sit for 2 minutes, stir well and serve.
- Serve topped with chopped peanut and cilantro, and other garnishes you wish.