Welcome to Day #5 of Christmas Week, a multi-blogger event co-hosted by Kim of Cravings of a Lunatic and Jen from Juanita’s Cocina! Each day we will be celebrating the holidays with a different set of Christmas-themed treats, as well as a fabulous Christmas giveaway. We hope you enjoy this fabulous event. Tune in each day starting today, Monday, December 9th and ending Saturday, December 14th.
Time for another installment of Christmas Week! Have you checked out the rest of the week, and all the great giveaways going on? Don’t miss my Frosted Sugar Cookies (Magimix giveaway), Pomegranate Margaritas (Le Creuset giveaway), and Homemade Caramels (Swissmar Giveaway). Stay tuned for tomorrow; more cookies and a giveaway worth over $250! But in the mean time, I have chocolate and peanut butter. Quite possibly the worlds best flavor combination.
My all time favorite fudge is something we have been making since I was a kid. But I am always up to try something new. So this year, I decided to go the peanut butter route. I saw this recipe over at Crazy for Crust months ago, and knew I just had to make it. It is super easy, no thermometer, or boiling sugar….just melt and go. Plus add in peanut butter cups, because life is just better with them.
Seriously, this peanut butter cup fudge could not get any easier. I think it took about 10 minutes, and it was cooling and just waiting for me to slice into it. That has to be the hardest part; waiting for it to harden. When Dorothy made the fudge she topped with with peanuts. Great idea, but I am not a fan of nuts with my desserts. I know that is strange, but I just don’t like it. So I decided why not just add more peanut butter cups. You can decide which way you like better 🙂 As for the giveaway, I am jealous!! The new Pioneer Woman cookbook is on my Christmas list this year. And I used Freund products when I made my spice rack this year. I have other projects on my to do list that they would be perfect for (organizing my pantry).
- 16 peanut butter cups , unwrapped
- 3 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 can (14 oz) sweetened condensed milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup peanut butter cup , crushed
- Line a 9 inch baking pan with foil or parchment paper.
- Lay unwrapped peanut butter cups across the bottom of the pan (rows of 4).
- In a saucepan over low heat, melt together chocolate chips and condensed milk. Once completely melted and smooth remove from heat, and stir in vanilla.
- Pour over peanut butter cups.
- Sprinkle crushed cups over the chocolate, lightly pressing down.
- Allow to cool completely before slicing.
- Store in an air tight container.
Recipe barely adapted from Crazy for Crust
Visit all the other Christmas Week Peeps for more Holiday Baking Goodness:
- Christmas Fudge by Cravings of a Lunatic
- Peanut Butter Cup Fudge by Dinners, Dishes, and Desserts
- Peppermint Mocha Tart by See Aimee Cook
- Peanut Brittle by Noshing With The Nolands
- Spiced Cranberry Holiday Margaritas by Pineapple and Coconut
- Turtle Bark by The Girl In The little Red Kitchen
- Peppermint Stick Ice Cream Sauce by Frugal Antics of a Harried Homemaker
- Mexican Spiced Hot Chocolate by My Catholic Kitchen
- Pomegranate-Ginger Champagne Cocktail by The Little Ferraro Kitchen
- Kletzenbrot – Christmas Fruit Bread from Tyrol by Masala Herb
- Spiked Butterscotch Hot Chocolate by Dizzy Busy and Hungry
- Frozen Mint Cookie Pie by The Messy Baker
- Stuffed Nut Roll Cookies by Rants From My Crazy Kitchen
- Irish Cream Tiramisu by Cooking In Stilettos
- Lemon Sandwich Cookies by Try Anything Once Culinary
- Orange Creamsicle Fudge by Home Cooking Memories
- Stained Glass Window Cookies by Like Mother Like Daughter
- Eggnog and Cranberry Thumbprints by The Dutch Baker’s Daughter
Today’s #ChristmasWeek giveaway comes courtesy of Freund Container & Supply. Freund Container & Supply has been helping build businesses since 1938 as the largest distributor of glass bottles, containers, and wholesale packaging supplies online. Freund offers over 5,000 items in stock every day, 98% same day shipping, and low-price guarantees. Take a look at Freund’s wide selection of jars, tins, bottles and vials for all your crafting and food related needs!
Today’s winner will receive one $250 Freund gift certificate, as well as one copy of “The Pioneer Woman Cooks: A Year of Holidays”. To enter, read the details and use the Rafflecopter below!
***This giveaway is for one $250 gift certificate to Freund Container & Supply, as well as one copy of “The Pioneer Woman Cooks: A Year of Holidays”. Gift certificate is a one-time use certificate and must be used in its entirety; any leftover monies on the gift certificate will be forfeited. This giveaway is open to both US and Canadian residents. However, it should be noted that due to current International shipping rates, any Canadian winners will pay higher shipping costs for orders. ***
***Disclaimer: This gift certificate is being provided by Freund Container & Supply, while the cookbook has been provided by Juanita’s Cocina. #ChristmasWeek bloggers have not received product or been compensated as a part of this giveaway.***