Pineapple Chicken Teriyaki – sweet and tangy homemade teriyaki sauce with tender chicken and pineapple. Serve over rice for a quick and easy dinner.
Years ago I used to go to a Mongolian barbecue restaurant with a friend. My husband was not a friend, buy my girlfriend and I loved it. So we would meet there for lunch, or start there before a girls night out. I always ordered the same thing, chicken teriyaki. You could go through and add all of your favorite veggies and toppings before they cooked it, but the base was always the same.
The sweet and tangy teriyaki sauce was so good. The first time I thought adding pineapple to it seemed really strange, but decided to try it anyway. And boy was it good! The sweet pineapple was so good with it. So if you ever think pineapple in a dinner recipe is wrong, think again and give it a try!
Today I am sharing my homemade version of the pineapple chicken teriyaki I used to get at a restaurant. Making homemade teriyaki sauce is so easy. Just a few simple ingredients, that you probably have on hand already. Then you just add it to a skillet and let it thicken and coat the chicken. Serve over rice for a great dinner. We kind of have a thing for Asian flavors in our house, these Garlic Beef Noodle Bowls are on repeat here. I am excited to have another recipe to mix things up.
You can add as many veggies as you would like to this chicken teriyaki recipe. This is just a base for you to make it your own. Mushrooms, red peppers, bean sprouts, or even water chestnuts would all make great additions. Plus everything comes together in one pan, in about 15 minutes, so you can have dinner on the table FAST! And if you are looking for more Asian style chicken recipes that are ready in minutes, you have to try this Peanut Chicken with Rice.
Pineapple Chicken Teriyaki just may become a new family favorite. The chicken gets a little crispy, but still super tender. The sauce is thick, sticky, sweet and delicious. Sprinkle with sesame seeds for garnish, or even peanuts or cashews if you want a little crunch.
More Easy Chicken Dinner Recipes
- Creamy Chicken Pasta
- Margarita Grilled Chicken
- Instant Pot Crack Chicken
- Chick Fil A Chicken Nuggets
- Creamy Salsa Chicken
- Crunchy Southwest Chicken Wrap
For the Sauce:
- 1 tablespoon Cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon Water
- 1/2 cup Soy Sauce
- 1/3 cup Brown Sugar
- 1/4 cup Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Honey
- 2 cloves Garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons Fresh Ginger, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon Black Pepper
- 2 tablespoons Canola Oil
For the Chicken:
- 1-1 1/2 pounds Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast, cut into bite sized pieces
- 2 tablespoons Cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Black Pepper
- 1 1/2 cups Pineapple Chunks, canned or fresh
- 1 tablespoon Sesame Seeds
- 2 Green Onions, thinly sliced
- Cooked Rice, to serve
- Mix together water and cornstarch in a small bowl. Set aside.
- In a liquid measuring cup mix together soy sauce, brown sugar, vinegar, honey, garlic, ginger and black pepper. Whisk until smooth and well combined.
- Toss chicken pieces with cornstarch until well coated.
- In a large skillet heat canola oil over medium high heat. Add chicken and cook for 3-5 minutes until chicken is browned. Add pineapple, and sauté for 2 minutes.
- Stir in cornstarch mixture with the sauce. Pour over chicken. Mix well, and cook for 3-5 minutes until sauce is thickened and chicken is fully cooked.
- Sprinkle with sesame seeds and green onions. Serve over rice.
Amount Per ServingCalories 583Total Fat 14gSaturated Fat 2gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 11gCholesterol 145mgSodium 2415mgCarbohydrates 54gFiber 2gSugar 33gProtein 58g
Nutrition Disclaimer: All information presented on this site is intended for informational purposes only. I am not a certified nutritionist and any nutritional information shared on dinnersdishesanddesserts.com should only be used as a general guideline.
I created a fun group on Facebook, and I would love for you to join us! It’s a place where you can share YOUR favorite recipes, ask questions, and see what’s new at Dinners, Dishes and Desserts (so that you never miss a new recipe)! If you’d like to check it out, you can request to join HERE.
Be sure to follow me on Instagram and tag #dinnersdishes so I can see all the wonderful DINNERS, DISHES, AND DESSERTS recipes YOU make!
Connect with Dinners, Dishes, and Desserts!
Be sure to follow me on my social media, so you never miss a post!