Spiced Chicken Thighs – baked chicken thighs that are juicy and delicious. Coated in a spice mixture that is perfect for busy weeknights.
Do you cook much with chicken thighs? For whatever reason, I mainly use chicken breasts, but I am not entirely sure why. This baked chicken thighs recipe makes the chicken super tender and juicy. Such a different experience that chicken breasts.
Garlic Chicken uses chicken thighs and they are sauteed and come up so juicy. I really may need to rethink my chicken purchases. When I do buy them, I always make boneless chicken thigh recipes out of them.
I think sometimes we all struggle with quick and easy dinners during the week. Most of us are working, and have kids schedules to deal with as well. So finding time to actually make a meal, and sit down as a family can be hard. These spiced chicken thighs are kind of a game changer though. They are done so quickly, and have so much flavor.
Baked chicken thighs will quickly become one of your favorites. The spices give this chicken so much flavor without just making it spicy hot. I love this garlicky rice with it, but Oven Roasted Potatoes are also a great idea.
This baked chicken thighs recipe actually cooks under the broiler. It gives the chicken kind of a crispy coating without any breading or anything else. It also helps lock in all the juices so the chicken doesn’t dry out.
So if you are looking for more boneless chicken thigh recipes be sure to try this out. The whole family will love this and you will not hear any complaining about having chicken for dinner again!
I created a fun group on Facebook, and I would love for you to join us! It’s a place where you can share YOUR favorite recipes, ask questions, and see what’s new at Dinners, and Desserts (so that you never miss a new recipe)! If you’d like to check it out, you can request to join HERE.
Be sure to follow me on Instagram and tag #dinnersdishes so I can see all the wonderful DINNERS, DISHES, AND DESSERTS recipes YOU make!
Connect with Dinners, Dishes, and Desserts!
Be sure to follow me on my social media, so you never miss a post!
- 1 Tbls butter
- 2 cloves garlic, , grated
- 1 cup long grain white rice
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 3 Tbls parsley, , chopped
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 2 Tbls brown sugar
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 8 boneless, , skinless chicken thighs
- In a saucepan over medium-high heat, melt the butter. Add the garlic and stir for a few seconds. Add rice and saute for 1 minute, stirring constantly. Slowly pour in chicken stock, 3/8 tsp salt, and bring to a boil. Cover and reduce heat to low. Simmer for 15 minutes, or until all the liquid is absorbed, and rice is tender. Remove from heat, and let stand for 5 minutes. Add parsley and black pepper, fluff with a fork.
- Preheat broiler to high. Line a jelly roll pan with foil, and spray with nonstick spray.
- In a small bowl combine brown sugar, chili powder, paprika, cumin, garlic powder, and cayenne. Sprinkle 1/2 of the mixture over the chicken. Place chicken on prepared baking sheet. Broil for 5 minutes. Turn and sprinkle the remaining spices over the chicken. Broil for an additional 5 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through.
- Remove chicken from the pan, and let stand for a couple minutes. Scoop any pan drippings over the chicken to serve.
Slightly adapted from Cooking Light
Amount Per ServingCalories 307 Total Fat 14g Saturated Fat 5g Trans Fat 0g Unsaturated Fat 9g Cholesterol 187mg Sodium 601mg Carbohydrates 10g Net Carbohydrates 0g Fiber 1g Sugar 1g Sugar Alcohols 0g Protein 37g