Spinach and Artichoke Chicken Skillet – Your favorite dip is now an easy, one-pan dinner! Sneak in your vegetables with this rich and creamy entree that’s perfect on its own or over pasta.
Classic Spinach & Artichoke Dip is always a favorite. It disappears at parties, it is always a must order at restaurants, and people can just never get enough. Well now you can get it in dinner form!
This spinach and artichoke chicken skillet is perfect for busy weeknights. With just a few basic ingredients, you’ll cook everything together in one pan–and dinner is done. Enjoy similar flavors to this delectable dinner with Spinach and Artichoke Gnocchi and cheesy Spinach-Artichoke Hand Pies.
Why This Recipe Works
- A short ingredient list of items you may already have in the kitchen.
- Easily eat a serving of vegetables in this decadent, creamy sauce.
- Serve it by itself or with carbs like bread, rice, or pasta.
- Parmesan cheese adds an extra flavor dimension to the sauce.
What You’ll Need
- Chopped spinach – Frozen spinach is an easy way to add more veggies.
- Marinated artichoke hearts – Brings natural acidity and bold artichoke flavor.
- Skinless chicken breasts – Lean chicken without the skin cooks quickly and melds perfectly with the sauce.
- Parmesan cheese – Nutty parmesan adds a zesty, cheesy flavor.
- Heavy cream – Creates a rich, delicious sauce base.
- Milk – Thins out the creamy sauce but keeps it rich and flavorful.
- All-purpose flour
- Vegetable oil
- Black pepper
How To Make Spinach & Artichoke Chicken
Be sure to scroll down to the recipe card to get the measurements and full instructions!
- Heat the vegetable oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Season the chicken with salt and pepper. Add it to the hot skillet. Cook for 10-12 minutes, turning it once until the chicken is cooked through. The juice of the chicken should be clear when cutting the center of the thickest part (at least 165°F).
- Remove the chicken from the pan and cover it with foil to keep it warm.
- In the same skillet, melt the butter over medium-high heat. Add the garlic and saute for 1-2 minutes until fragrant.
- Whisk in the flour and cook it for a couple minutes until no white streaks remain.
- Slowly whisk in the milk and heavy cream. Bring the mixture to a simmer and cook for 5-6 minutes, until it starts to thicken.
- Add thawed spinach and diced artichoke hearts. Cook for 2-3 minutes until heated through. Stir in the parmesan cheese and season with salt and pepper.
- Return the chicken to the pan to warm up in the sauce, then serve!
- Sprinkle the finished dish with crushed red pepper flakes for added spice.
- If you have fresh spinach on hand, use the same weight as the recipe indicates. Chop it up lightly before using.
- Don’t skip the step of making the roux! This adds a touch of toasty flavor to the sauce and helps thicken it.
- Want a little help from the store? If you are in a hurry you can use store bought alfredo in place of the sauce. I highly recommend the homemade version, but life doesn’t always go with what you have planned!
Store leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator. It will last for 3-4 days.
Spices that would go well with this dish include Italian seasoning, Herbes de Provence, thyme, oregano, and marjoram.
To make this recipe gluten-free, substitute the flour in the sauce with sweet rice flour. It’s often called glutinous rice flour for its properties, but it does not contain gluten.
How To Serve
- Serve Spinach & Artichoke Chicken over your favorite pasta or with a thick slice of crusty Garlic Bread.
- If you’re feeling adventurous, go all out and serve this with Homemade Pasta!
- Italian Cheese Pull-Apart Bread is such an easy side dish, even your kids could throw it together.
- Lighten up this skillet by serving it with fresh and flavorful Greek Pasta Salad.
- Roasted Asparagus is a scrumptious way to get another serving of veggies in with dinner.
More Easy Chicken Dinner Recipes
- Marry Me Chicken
- Crockpot Chicken and Gravy
- Chicken Broccoli Alfredo
- Butter Chicken
- Cashew Chicken
- Chicken Lombardy
- Chick Fil A Grilled Nuggets
- Hawaiian Chicken
Spinach and Artichoke Chicken Skillet
Spinach and Artichoke Chicken Skillet - Turn your favorite dip into a 5 ingredient, quick and easy chicken dinner!
- 2 Tablespoons vegetable oil
- 4-6 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 Tablespoons butter
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 Tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 5 oz frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed to drain.
- 1 (14 oz) jar marinated artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add 2 tablespoons vegetable oil, swirling to coat.
- Season chicken with salt and pepper. Add to the hot skillet, and cook for 10-12 minutes, turning halfway, until the chicken is mostly cooked through. Remove from the heat and cover with foil to keep warm.
- In a the same skillet melt the butter over medium-high heat and sauté garlic for 1-2 minutes, until you can start to smell it.
- Add in flour, stir and cook for a couple minutes until no white streaks remain.
- Slowly whisk in heavy cream and milk and bring the mixture to a simmer. Cook for 5-6 minutes until it starts to thicken.
- Add thawed spinach and diced artichoke hearts. Cook 2 to 3 minutes or until heated through.
- Stir in Parmesan cheese and season with salt and pepper.
Amount Per Serving Calories 558Total Fat 38gSaturated Fat 20gTrans Fat 1gUnsaturated Fat 15gCholesterol 191mgSodium 521mgCarbohydrates 9gFiber 1gSugar 5gProtein 44g
Nutrition Disclaimer: All information presented on this site is intended for informational purposes only. I am not a certified nutritionist and any nutritional information shared on dinnersdishesanddesserts.com should only be used as a general guideline.
I created a fun group on Facebook, and I would love for you to join us! It’s a place where you can share YOUR favorite recipes, ask questions, and see what’s new at Dinners, Dishes and Desserts (so that you never miss a new recipe)! If you’d like to check it out, you can request to join HERE.
Be sure to follow me on Instagram and tag #dinnersdishes so I can see all the wonderful DINNERS, DISHES, AND DESSERTS recipes YOU make!
Be sure to follow me on my social media, so you never miss a post!
Facebook | Twitter | Pinterest | Instagram
Did you know there is a Dinners, Dishes, and Desserts SHOP? Check out all of my E-books as well as branded merchandise HERE! Or you can buy me a coffee to say thanks!
- Special K Bars - March 27, 2023
- Beef Stroganoff - March 24, 2023
- Homemade Ravioli - March 22, 2023
Signup for all the new recipes to be sent to your inbox on Saturday morning!
This sounds so good, and it looks amazing! I love that creamy sauce with the spinach and artichokes. So yummy!
Love how creamy this chicken skillet id! This will be our new favorite chicken dish!