Cheesy Artichoke Dip - creamy, cheesy artichoke dip that is easy to make, has tons of flavor, and great for any get together or party.
- 1 large onion , thinly sliced
- 1 Tbls olive oil
- 1 (8 oz) package cream cheese (I used light)
- 3/4 cup sour cream (I used light)
- 1 (14 oz) jar marinated artichoke hearts, roughly chopped
- 3/4 cup Mozzarella cheese , shredded
- 1/3 cup Parmesan cheese
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp hot sauce
- Salt and Pepper to taste
In a large skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add onions. Let cook, stirring occasionally for 30-40 minutes until caramelized and lightly golden brown. Be careful not to brown the onions, reduce heat to low if necessary. Season with salt and pepper.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
In a large bowl mix together cream cheese and sour cream until well blended. Add caramelized onions, artichoke hearts, both cheeses, Worcestershire sauce and hot sauce.
Pour dip into a small baking dish. Bake for 20-25 minutes until bubbly and hot.
Serve with pita chips or your favorite crackers.