Crock Pot Potato Soup - Creamy loaded potato soup that is made in the crock pot. Perfect comfort food for a cold winter night
- 5 pounds russet potatoes , peeled and chopped
- 1 large onion , finely chopped
- 1 head roasted garlic , minced
- 8 cups chicken stock
- 3 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 8 oz bacon , cooked and crumbled
- green onions
- cheddar cheese , shredded
Add potatoes, onion, and garlic to the crock pot. Pour chicken stock over potatoes. Cover and cook for 5-6 hours on low.
Once the potatoes are fork tender, use a potato masher to mash until your desired consistency. You can use a stick blender if you want it smooth.
Stir in heavy cream and stir until smooth. Cook for 30 more minutes.
When ready to serve to with cheese, crumbled bacon, and green onions.