Philly Cheesesteak sandwich turned in an ooey, gooey, cheesey dip. Great for any get together.
- 3/4 pound skirt steak , very thinly sliced
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 2 Tbls olive oil
- 1 cup onion , finely chopped
- 1 bell pepper , finely chopped
- 8 slices (8 oz) provolone cheese, cut into small pieces
- 2 oz cream cheese
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 loaf of bread , cubed (your favorite kind; Italian, French, Baguette etc.)
In a large pot heat olive oil over medium high heat. Season steak with salt and pepper. Add steak, onions, and bell pepper to the pan. Saute until the steak is cooked and the veggies are soft. Using a spatula you can break the pieces of meat apart if necessary.
Add milk to the pan and stir in the cream cheese until melted. Add provolone, and stir until everything is melted.
Keep warm, and serve with cubes of bread