Creamy Avocado Pasta Salad - an easy pasta salad recipe for summer. Mix in corn, black beans, tomatoes and toss with a creamy avocado dressing. Great for potlucks, lunch or an easy dinner!
Course: Main Course, Salad, Side Dish
Keyword: pasta salad recipe
- 12 oz pasta , cooked according to the directions and cooled
- 1 (15 oz) can black beans drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup grape tomatoes , sliced in half
- 1/2 cup red onion , diced
- 1 cup fresh or frozen corn kernels
- 1 California Avocado , diced
- 1/2 lime
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
Creamy Avocado Dressing
- 2 small California Avocados
- 3 Tbls plain Greek Yogurt (I used nonfat)
- 1/2 cup low-fat buttermilk
- 2 cloves garlic , minced
- 1 Tbls cilantro , chopped
- 2 Tbls green onions , chopped
- 1/2 jalapeno , minced
- 1 lime , juiced
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
To make the Creamy Avocado Dressing, combine all the ingredients in a blender and process until smooth. You can also use a food processor.
In a large bowl combine the pasta and all of the veggies. Toss with about 1/2-2/3 of the dressing. Season with the salt and pepper. Squeeze the 1/2 of a lime over the salad, and toss together. Add additional dressing if desired.
Store the leftover dressing in the fridge for up to a week. Add additional buttermilk if it gets too thick.