Quinoa Salad with corn, black beans, grape tomatoes, and zucchini, then topped with a creamy avocado dressing. Great warm or cold, so it is perfect for a picnic or barbeque
Course: Salad, Side Dish
Keyword: quinoa salad
Calories: 328 kcal
- 1 cup Quinoa
- 1 1/4 cups Chicken Broth (or however much liquid your Quinoa calls for)
- 1 can (15 oz) black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 1/2 cups frozen corn , thawed
- 1 small zucchini , sauted
- 1 cup grape tomatoes
- 3 green onions , chopped
- 1/4 fresh cilantro , chopped
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- 1 jalapeno , seeded and minced
Creamy Avocado Dressing
- 1 avocado , pitted
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro , chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley , chopped
- 2 cloves garlic , minced
- 1 tbls red wine vinegar
- 1 lime , juiced
- 1 tsp honey
- 1 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 Tbls olive oil
Bring the chicken broth to a boil, and cook quinoa as directed on package.
In a large bowl combine all the veggies and seasonings for the salad. In a food processor, pulse together everything for the dressing, but the olive oil. You might need to scrape down the sides a couple times. Once smooth, slowly stream in the olive oil.
Combine the cooked quinoa with the veggies, and then stir in the avocado dressing. Stir until well coated.
Can be served warm or cold.
Mexican Quinoa Salad with Creamy Avocado Dressing
Amount Per Serving
Calories 328 Calories from Fat 63
% Daily Value*
Saturated Fat 1g5%
Vitamin A 635IU13%
Vitamin C 24.4mg30%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.