By now I think most of you know about this new cookbook out called The Cookie Dough Lover’s Cookbook. It was available last week for purchase, so hopefully you already went out and got it.
This book is written and photographed by Lindsay from Love and Olive Oil. I am not kidding you when I say I want to make Every.Single.Recipe. I couldn’t make up my mind, everything is seriously amazing! So when we went to Wisconsin last week I let my father-in-law pick a recipe. If possible, he might like cookie dough more than anyone I have ever met. Finally, after a lot of deliberation and discussion he chose Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Sandwich Cookies. They are exactly what they sound like. Two chocolate chip cookies with cookie dough in the middle!
I must admit, I had high expectation for these cookies. I mean think about it. Chocolate Chip Cookies. Cookie Dough. How could these not be incredible? Well, they lived up to my expectations! The cookie is soft and chewy, and the cookie dough is…well, cookie dough! My dad who does not like raw cookie dough (I know, there is something wrong with him) ate these. Trust me, that says a lot.
All of the recipes in here have a beautiful, droolworthy picture to go along with it. There is everything from waffles to granola bars, to cupcakes in this book. Next up, we are trying the S’mores. That was my 7 year old requested.
Chocolate chip cookie dough sandwiched between 2 chewy chocolate chip cookies
20 minPrep Time
15 minCook Time
35 minTotal Time
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup crisco
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 2 1/4 cup flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/tsp baking soda
- 1 bag chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cream butter, brown sugar and sugar together until fluffy, about 2 minutes. Add in the eggs and vanilla, mix well. Add flour, baking soda, and salt, mix until combined. Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Scoop tablespoon sized balls of dough onto a lined baking sheet. Bake for about 10 minutes. Allow to cook on the baking sheet for a few minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.
- While cooling you can make the filling. Beat the butter and brown sugar together over medium speed until fluffy, 2-3 minutes. Add flour, powdered sugar, and salt. Mix on low until fully incorporated. Slowly add the heavy cream and vanilla. Beat for about 2 minutes, until fluffy. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Once the cookies are completely cool sandwich 1 rounded tablespoon of filling between 2 cookies. Gently press together until the filling spreads to the edges. Store in an airtight container in the fridge. Let them set at room temperature for a few minutes before serving.
Adapted from The Cookie Dough Lover's Cookbook
**Quirk Publishing sent me a copy of this book to review. The opinions are 100% my own.