About Dinners, Dishes, and Desserts
Hi! I’m Erin. I am a self taught cook from Fort Collins Colorado. I grew up helping my mom to cook and learning my way around the kitchen. I always loved food and feeding people. Having someone ask for a recipe was and still is the biggest compliment!
My goal is to get people back in the kitchen. I want to show you that cooking doesn’t have to be hard. You can get a meal on the table your whole family will enjoy, in just minutes any night of the week.
I went to school for finance and worked in the accounting department of a research hospital before I had my son. I knew I didn’t want to go back to that when he started school. When my son started kindergarten every career I thought of doing revolved around food. In 2011 Dinners, Dishes, and Desserts was born. I immediately dove head on into perfecting my skills and sharing tasty recipes with you!
I am a wine lover and complete chocoholic. Dessert isn’t dessert if it doesn’t involve chocolate!
My Favorite Desserts
- Peanut Butter Stuffed Brownies– brownies just might be my favorite thing ever! You add peanut butter cups and even more chocolate and I am in heaven
- Flourless Chocolate Cake – I first had this dessert on my honey moon and immediately fell in love
- Reese’s Fudge – chocolate and peanut butter just might be my favorite food combination
Life is busy, so easy dinners are a must!
My Favorite Dinner Recipes
- Garlic Beef Noodle Bowls – dinner on the table in 15 minutes
- Sour Cream Enchiladas – I could live on Mexican food and these enchiladas are so good
- Quick Chicken Curry – Indian food has quickly become a comfort food for our family and this is ready in about 20 minutes
I am the mom to one son. He is a cross country and track runner who loves anything to do with sports.
I am married to my husband who I started dating when I was 15. We grew up in Wisconsin and still enjoy going back to see family.
We have always loved the mountains so we moved to Colorado to be close to them. We all love hiking in the summer and snow shoeing in the winter.
I grew up having dinner around the table as a family most nights of the week. This is something I still find important and try to make happen with my family. Life is crazy, but dinner doesn’t have to be!