Peanut Butter Stuffed Brownies – rich, fudge brownies that are stuffed with peanut butter cups, topped with melted chocolate and more peanut butter cups!
We made it to Friday!! Yay! And I made brownies to celebrate. My son doesn’t have school today, so we get to hang out and spend time together. He wants to go to the driving range, so we are headed there and then to lunch together. The weather should be gorgeous, so I am all about any time outside!
Tomorrow we are headed to the district science fair, so we will see how that goes. He gets to present his project to the judges and compete against all the other elementary schools in our district – that is a lot of schools! A lot of pressure for a 10 year old, but I am sure he will have fun!
So you all know that I have a huge soft spot for brownies. And I have a slight obsession with all things peanut butter cups. It should come as no surprise that I put them together and am giving you these peanut butter stuffed brownies. I have made them multiple times before, but I finally decided to take pictures and share them with you.
I figure I shouldn’t be the one having all the fun, should I? All of you can indulge and your jeans can get tight as well 🙂 Because seriously, fudgy brownies stuffed with peanut butter cups is like heaven.
You can use your favorite brownie recipe to make these peanut butter stuffed brownies. You can even use a box mix if you want to make it super easy. Just pour half the batter in the pan, and then add a layer of peanut butter cups before adding the rest of the batter.
Then after you bake them, when they are still hot you sprinkle on chocolate chips! They get all melty, and you spread it around before topping with more peanut butter cups! I am drooling just thinking about these brownies again! Make your weekend just a little better and make these peanut butter stuffed brownies now! Trust me, you will not be disappointed.
Here are a few of my favorite kitchen items used to make this recipe
8 inch baking pan – a metal, non stick baking pan is essential for baking brownies and bars. Love this one, and it cleans up super easy.
Mixing Bowls: I love having a variety of sizes of mixing bowls. From small to large, I find that having at least 3 bowls of different sizes has been an essential in my kitchen. I prefer Pyrex because of the durability.
Rubber Spatula – Nothing like being able to scrape any type of bowl clean without scratching it up. Don’t forget one of these babies to get every last bit out of your bowl.
- 2 oz unsweetened chocolate , melted
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup chocolate chips (semi-sweet or milk chocolate)
- 1 cup chopped peanut butter cups
- 1 bag peanut butter cups , unwrapped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Prepare an 8 inch baking dish with non-stick spray or line with foil or parchment paper.
- In a bowl mix together oil and melted chocolate. Stir in eggs and sugar until well blended. Add flour, baking powder and salt, and mix until well combined.
- Pour 1/2 the batter into prepared pan. Press peanut butter cups evenly over the batter until covered. Pour remaining batter over, and spread evenly.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until a tester comes out mostly clean.
- Immediately sprinkle with chocolate chips. Cover with foil or a baking sheet for 10 minutes. Remove foil and spread the melted chocolate over the brownies. Sprinkle the chopped peanut butter cups over the top.
- Let cool before serving.
Want even more Brownie Recipes?