Crunchy Southwestern Chicken Wrap – easy lunch ideas are hard to come by. These chicken wraps come together in minutes, you can make them ahead, and the creamy spicy sauce makes them extra tasty!
This post is sponsored by Ibotta. All thoughts and opinions are 100% my own.
I am all about easy dinners ideas and lunches. If I can make something that is perfect for dinner and doubles as easy lunch ideas I am super happy. And these chicken wraps make life easier when everything else is crazy busy. Plus they have my favorite Mexican flavors and my ultimate weakness….Fritos!
I am on a wrap kick lately, and love that they can be a make ahead meal or an easy last minute dinner.
Have you guys heard of Ibotta? I had a friend introduce it to me a couple years ago, and I use it all the time. It is the easiest way to save money. You don’t have to clip coupons and remember to bring them to the store, or actually give them to the cashier. Which may be something I can never remember. You just scan your receipt after you get home, and you get the money back!
I like to look at the Ibotta App when I am making my grocery list to see what is on special, and then I will add those things to my shopping list. And the really nice thing? The money you get back just goes into your paypal account! Once you get to a certain amount you can “cash out” and get actual cash. Or you can “buy” gift cards with your savings. But it is the easiest thing I have found to get real money back while shopping.
Crunchy Southwestern Chicken Wrap
Lunch might be my least favorite meal. I want it to be relatively healthy, taste good, and be easy to make. That can be a hard combination when you also want it fast and are only serving 1 person. Well this chicken wrap solves all my problems and is one of my favorite lunches! Plus these chicken wraps are perfect because a lot of the things you need are staple ingredients, which you can often find on Ibotta.
So if you are looking for make ahead meals as we get into back to school and the end of summer remember this chicken wrap recipe. My son loves taking them for his lunch at school, and I love that I can make them on the weekend and he can take them all week long. Weekday mornings are super easy that way.
So if you haven’t already, go download the Ibotta App and sign up. Trust me, it is the easiest way to save money. And they have more than just groceries too. Restaurants have deals in there, clothing stores, liquor, and more. You can thank me later!
How To Make Chicken Wraps
- Start by making the sauce. Mix together the sour cream, salsa and taco seasoning until is is well blended and then set aside until you are ready to use.
- Chop up your veggies. You really can use whatever you want here. I like to chop lettuce, tomatoes and avocados. But you could also fill with corn, black beans, jalapenos and more.
- To assemble spread some sauce onto the bottom of each wrap. Then top with lettuce, tomato, avocado, cheese and chicken. You want to drizzle a little more sauce over the top so you get some in every bite. And then crush a few Fritos on top.
- Fold in the sides and tightly roll up your chicken wrap. I like to cut in half to serve so they are a little easier to eat.
I have a weakness for Fritos corn chips, so they are the crunch in these Southwestern chicken wraps. You can use rotisserie chicken, chicken strips, grilled chicken…you name it. It all works. The sauce it what brings it all together and makes it amazing. And it is super simple too! Seriously just sour cream, taco seasoning and salsa. But it is so good! I make a similar dressing for Taco Pasta Salad and that combination just works!
Can You Make This Chicken Wrap Recipe Ahead of Time
Yes, you definitely can. I completely assemble the wraps and then secure with plastic wrap and store in the fridge for 2-3 days. The fritos might not be as crunchy, but it is still delicious and great to grab and go for work or school.
More Wrap Recipes
- Chicken Club Wrap
- Asian Chicken Wrap
- Buffalo Chicken Wrap
- Honey Sesame Chicken Salad Wrap
- Chicken Lettuce Wraps
And don’t miss all these great Dinner Ideas for Tonight!
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 3/4 cup salsa
- 1 1/2 Tbls taco seasoning
- 4 large tortillas, (wrap size)
- 1/3 cup shredded lettuce
- 1/2 cup tomato, diced
- 1 whole avocado, diced
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 cup cooked chicken, shredded
- 1 cup Fritos, crushed
- In a bowl mix together sour cream, salsa, and taco seasoning until well blended.
- Lay a tortilla flat on a cutting board. Spread 1 heaping tablespoon of sauce over the bottom half of the tortilla, leaving a 1 inch border on each side.
- Sprinkle 1/3 cup of lettuce, 2 Tbls tomato, ¼ of the avocado, 2 Tbls of cheese, and ½ cup of chicken over the sauce. Crush ¼ cup of Fritos over the chicken. Drizzle 1 Tbls of sauce over the top.
- Fold in the sides and roll tightly. Repeat with the remaining wraps. Cut in half to serve.
Amount Per ServingCalories 491Saturated Fat 11gCholesterol 90mgSodium 1091mgCarbohydrates 22gFiber 3gSugar 5gProtein 23g
I created a fun group on Facebook, and I would love for you to join us! It’s a place where you can share YOUR favorite recipes, ask questions, and see what’s new at Dinners, Dishes and Desserts (so that you never miss a new recipe)! If you’d like to check it out, you can request to join HERE.
Be sure to follow me on Instagram and tag #dinnersdishes so I can see all the wonderful DINNERS, DISHES, AND DESSERTS recipes YOU make!
Connect with Dinners, Dishes, and Desserts!
Be sure to follow me on my social media, so you never miss a post!
**This post is sponsored by Ibotta. All thoughts and opinions are 100% my own.