Air Fryer Frozen French Fries – get the taste of deep fried fast food French fries at home in your air fryer without all the fat and grease!
I always have a bag of frozen French fries in my freezer. They make a quick and easy side dish that goes with just about anything. And with a teenage boy in the house, you never know when you need to get more food on the table fast!
But let’s face it, those frozen French fries aren’t very crispy and always leave you kind of wanting more.
Well, not anymore. The Air Fryer gives you that fast food French fry crunch that you crave, but without all the oil, fat, calories and grease! Now, I am not going to make any claims that these are healthy, because bagged fries just aren’t.
But they are better than straight up deep fried food from a fast food chain.
How To Cook French Fries In The Air Fryer
- The first step is to preheat your air fryer. Not all recipes call for this step, but here it really helps the fries get crispy.
- Add your frozen fries to a bowl and spray with oil. You can use avocado oil spray, olive oil spray or whatever kind of oil spray you normally use.
- Then toss with salt. You could mix it up here and use seasoned salt, or garlic salt or whatever flavor you want.
- Add the fries to the air fryer, being careful to spread them out.
- Then cook for 15-20 minutes, opening the air fryer to shake the basket about half way through. How long you cook yours will depend on how thick the fries are you are using and how crispy you want to get them.
- Then just serve with your favorite dipping sauce!
My family loves to dip their fries in all kinds of different sauces. Right now they are obsessed with Canes Sauce, so that is what is shown in the picture.
- How long to cook your French fries really will depend on how crispy you like your fries. I like to start with 15 minutes, shaking them at the 8 minute mark. And then adjusting from there. 15 minutes is usually enough time for shoestring or thin fries. But if you are doing steak fries or crinkle cut, you may want to go longer.
- I like to preheat my air fryer while I am getting everything else ready, so they cook for a shorter period of time. But you can skip this step and just add a couple minutes to your cook time.
- If you have an air fryer that rotates, you do not need to shake the basket, but you will want to keep an eye on them so you know when they are done.
- Any oil will work. You can use avocado, vegetable, olive oil etc. I have an avocado oil spray that I use for most air frying, because I know it can hold up to the heat.
- Mix up your seasoning. For these I just used plain salt, but experiment and change things up. Garlic fries are always good, so add garlic salt. You could use seasoned salt, or add black pepper as well. The possibilities are endless!
To make this recipe I used a Cosori 5.8 Qt Air Fryer. It is big enough that you can fit plenty of food in, and the basket comes out so you can easily shake, stir, or flip whatever you are making.
So if you have an air fryer, it is time to start adding a bag of frozen French fries to your list, because they will turn into something totally different that you are used to once you cook them this way!
More Air Fryer Recipes
- Air Fryer Tater Tots
- Air Fryer Hamburgers
- Air Fryer Carrots
- Air Fryer Chicken Wings
- Air Fryer Baked Potato
- Air Fryer Grilled Cheese
- 1 bag Frozen French Fries
- spray oil
- Preheat air fryer for 400º
- Add frozen fries to a bowl and spray with oil and toss with salt.
- Arrange in air fryer basket and cook for 8 minutes. Shake the basket and cook for another 8 minutes. How long you cook yours will depend on how thick the fries are you are using and how crispy you want to get them.
- Once they are to your desired crispiness, serve with your favorite dipping sauce!
Amount Per Serving Calories 390Total Fat 23gSaturated Fat 7gSodium 740mgCarbohydrates 46gFiber 7gProtein 4g
I created a fun group on Facebook, and I would love for you to join us! It’s a place where you can share YOUR favorite recipes, ask questions, and see what’s new at Dinners, Dishes and Desserts (so that you never miss a new recipe)! If you’d like to check it out, you can request to join HERE.
Be sure to follow me on Instagram and tag #dinnersdishes so I can see all the wonderful DINNERS, DISHES, AND DESSERTS recipes YOU make!
Connect with Dinners, Dishes, and Desserts!
Be sure to follow me on my social media, so you never miss a post!