Air Fryer Tater Tots – make the BEST tater tots in the air fryer with this fool proof method. Frozen tater tots will turn out crispy and delicious every time!
I will admit it, I am a sucker for tater tots. If a restaurant has them on the menu, I will pick them every time. They deep fry them to get them so crispy, which is why mine never turn out that way at home!
Well, that problem is solved. Because making tater tots in the air fryer will totally change your mind and give you super crispy tots every time.
How Long Does It Take To Cook Tater Tots In the Air Fyer
15 minutes. You can cook about half a bag of frozen tater tots in 15 minutes at 400 degrees F in the air fryer. So much faster than the oven, and they are so much crispier as well!
Can You Put Frozen Tater Tots In The Air Fryer
Absolutely. I always cook them from frozen. There is no need to thaw them or take them out of the freezer ahead of time. When you are ready to put them in the air fryer, just take out of the freezer and dump the bag in.
How To Cook Tater Tots in Air Fryer
- Preheat the air fryer to 400 degrees F. This should take 5 minutes.
- Add about half a bag of tots to the air fryer. You want to cover the bottom of the basket, and not have too many stacked on top of each other. The more space between them the crispier they will get.
- Spray with with a little bit of oil (non-stick spray works great) and shake to coat the tots.
- Cook them at 400 degrees F for 15 minutes, shaking every 5 to mix up the tater tots and make sure they are cooking evenly. If you like your tots extra crispy you can add a couple minutes, just keep an eye on them.
- Once they are done remove from the fryer and sprinkle with salt or whatever seasoning you enjoy.
Cooking frozen tater tots in the air fryer is one of the easiest side dishes that you can make. So if you are a sucker for them like I am, there is no turning back!
To make this recipe I used a Cosori 5.8 Qt Air Fryer. It is big enough that you can fit plenty of food in, and the basket comes out so you can easily shake, stir, or flip whatever you are making.
What To Serve With Air Fryer Tater Tots
- 16 oz frozen tater tots
- Vegetable Oil Spray
- Preheat air fryer to 400 degrees F.
- Toss tater tots with cooking spray and add to the hot air fryer.
- Cook for 15 minutes, shaking every five minutes.
- Remove from air fryer and season with salt to serve.
Amount Per Serving Calories 248Total Fat 14gSaturated Fat 2gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 11gCholesterol 0mgSodium 670mgCarbohydrates 31gFiber 2gSugar 0gProtein 2g
Nutrition Disclaimer: All information presented on this site is intended for informational purposes only. I am not a certified nutritionist and any nutritional information shared on dinnersdishesanddesserts.com should only be used as a general guideline.
I created a fun group on Facebook, and I would love for you to join us! It’s a place where you can share YOUR favorite recipes, ask questions, and see what’s new at Dinners, Dishes and Desserts (so that you never miss a new recipe)! If you’d like to check it out, you can request to join HERE.
Be sure to follow me on Instagram and tag #dinnersdishes so I can see all the wonderful DINNERS, DISHES, AND DESSERTS recipes YOU make!
Connect with Dinners, Dishes, and Desserts!
Be sure to follow me on my social media, so you never miss a post!